Jeep India was scheduled to launch the locally assembled Wrangler SUV on 15th March, but the launch has now been postponed to 17th March. Bookings of the 2021 SUV are already underway across authorized dealerships as well as via the company's official website.
In a press statement, Jeep India said-
"Due to some organizational priorities, the price launch of the locally assembled Jeep Wrangler has been postponed to Wednesday, 11:30 am 17th March 2021. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We hope to see you at the rescheduled virtual price unveil."
For starters, earlier the Jeep Wrangler was imported as a completely built unit (CBU) but now this iconic off-roader will be locally assembled at Jeep’s Ranjangaon plant in Maharashtra. With this, the prices of the Jeep Wrangler will go down by a huge margin. For reference, the fully imported Wrangler was priced between Rs 63.94 lakh and Rs 68.94 lakh (ex-showroom). Its local assembly could reduce the prices by around Rs 20-25 lakh.
Things to expect from the 2021 Jeep Wrangler: –
- The 2021 Jeep Wrangler is likely to be available in two variants – Rubicon and Sahara.
- Besides the existing 2.0-liter turbocharged petrol motor (268PS/400Nm), Jeep could also offer the 2021 Wrangler with a new 2.2-liter diesel engine.
- It will continue to come with an 8-speed automatic gearbox along with Jeep’s Selec-Trac 4×4 off-road drivetrain and differential locking for both the axles.
- The locally assembled Jeep Wrangler is expected to sport an updated cabin with features such as an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, connected car technology, a twin-pod analog instrument cluster, dual-zone climate control, ambient lighting, push-button start/stop, tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS), removable doors and hardtop, washable floors, multiple airbags, four-wheel disc brakes, electronic roll mitigation, hill start assist, electronic stability control, and many more.
- Other notable features will include LED headlamps and taillamp, fender-mounted side indicators, 18-inch alloy wheels, tailgate-mounted spare wheel, etc.
- In our opinion, Jeep could price the locally assembled Wrangler at around Rs 45 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).