Volkswagen Virtus 1.5 TSI To Come With Automatic Transmission Only
- Volkswagen Virtus 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine to get 7-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT) only.
- The 1.5-litre motor will be restricted to sedan’s GT performance line variant.
- 1.0-liter trims will get both 6-speed manual and 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission options.
- Bookings are already underway.
- Launch expected in May 2022.
To all the automobile enthusiasts out there waiting for the Volkswagen Virtus, we have a bad news for you! Volkswagen India has confirmed that its upcoming mid-size sedan will not get the manual transmission option with its 1.5-liter TSI petrol engine.
That said, the Volkswagen Virtus will only get a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission with the 150PS 1.5-litre turbo-petrol mill. This is a bit disappointing as the same engine comes with its sibling rival Skoda Slavia in both manual and automatic transmission options. In our opinion, the 1.5 TSI-manual combination should be offered at least with its lower-spec trim.
- Volkswagen Virtus Colour Options Detailed
- Skoda Slavia: Which Variant Offers The Most Value?
- Skoda Slavia Vs Rivals – Spec, Price, and Features Comparison
For those who aren’t aware, the Volkswagen Virtus will also be available with the 115PS 1.0-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine that will get both 6-speed manual and 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission choices.
Going with this update, expect the price of Volkswagen Virtus GT trim to start from around Rs 17.5 lakh (ex-showroom). Interested customers can book the car ahead of its launch in May 2022. Once launched, it will square off against the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Slavia, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the upcoming Toyota Belta.