Tata Altroz DCT Automatic Vs Rivals: Price Check
Tata Altroz premium hatchback has finally got the much-awaited 6-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission option, with prices ranging from Rs 8.1 lakh to Rs 9.9 lakh (ex-showroom, introductory), pitting it against the Maruti Baleno/Toyota Glanza AMT, Hyundai i20 CVT/iMT/DCT, Honda Jazz CVT, and soon-to-be-discontinued VW Polo AT.
|Tata Altroz*||Toyota Glanza||Maruti Baleno||Hyundai i20||Honda Jazz||VW Polo|
|XMA+: Rs 8.1 lakh||S AMT: Rs 7.79 lakh||Delta AMT: Rs 7.69 lakh||–||–||–|
|XTA: Rs 8.6 lakh||G AMT: Rs 8.74 lakh||Zeta AMT: Rs 8.59 lakh||Sports iMT: Rs 8.78 lakh||V CVT: Rs 8.81 lakh||Comfortline: Rs 8.93 lakh|
|XTA Dark: Rs 9.06 lakh||–||–||Sports IVT: Rs 8.90 lakh||–||–|
|XZA: Rs 9.1 lakh||–||–||–||–||–|
|XZA(O): Rs 9.22 lakh||–||–||–||–||–|
|–||V AMT: Rs 9.69 lakh||Alpha AMT: Rs 9.49 lakh||–||VX CVT: Rs 9.41 lakh||–|
|XZA+: Rs 9.6 lakh||–||–||Asta IVT – Rs 9.95 lakh||ZX CVT: Rs 9.96 lakh||–|
|XZA+ Dark: Rs 9.9 lakh||–||–||Asta iMT: Rs 9.99 lakh||–||Matt Edition / Highline Plus: Rs 9.99 lakh|
|–||–||–||Asta(O) IVT: Rs 10.52 lakh||GT: Rs 10.25 lakh|
|–||–||–||Asta DCT: Rs 10.81 lakh||–||–|
|–||–||–||Asta(O) DCT: Rs 11.34 lakh||–||–|
- Since the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Toyota Glanza comes with cost-effective AMT transmission options, they are the most affordable in the segment.
- The entry-level Tata Altroz DCT XMA+ trim is considerably cheaper than the base-spec CVT variants of the Hyundai i20 and Honda Jazz.
- Hyundai i20 gets the most numbers for two-pedal convenience. These include CVT for a 1.2-liter naturally aspirated petrol (83PS/114Nm), and 6-speed clutchless-manual (iMT) and 7-speed DCT for the 1.0-liter turbocharged petrol engine (120PS/172Nm).
- The Volkswagen Polo, which comes with a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, is way more expensive than the Tata Altroz DCT. However, it is worth noting that the Polo AT comes with a 1.0-liter turbocharged petrol engine (110PS/175Nm) and offers the segment’s best driving dynamics.
- The price of Tata Altroz XZA DCT automatic trim is quite on par with Glanza/Baleno’s top-spec variant. However, both these sibling models are more feature-rich than Tata’s hatchback.
- Talking about the engine output, the Baleno, Glanza, and Jazz’s 1.2-liter gasoline motors offer 90PS of maximum power, making them the most powerful naturally aspirated cars of the segment, followed by Altroz’s 86PS and i20’s 83PS engine unit.
- With a claimed fuel economy of 22.9 kmpl, the Maruti Baleno and Glanza have an edge over their rivals. Click here for more details.
*The prices of Altroz DCT are introductory and will be increased in the near future.
Stay tuned to Gaadify.com for more such updates! Also, subscribe to our YouTube channel.