Volkswagen Tiguan Updated On New Emission Norms; Gets Level-1 ADAS
Volkswagen India has updated the Tiguan to comply with the new BS6 Phase 2 emission norms and added some new features. As a result, the price of the SUV has increased by Rs 50,000, with the new ex-showroom price now set at Rs 34.69 lakh.
2023 Volkswagen Tiguan – What’s New?
- Firstly, the 190PS/320Nm 2-litre turbocharged TSI petrol engine of the Volkswagen Tiguan is now RDE compliant. It continues with the 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and the 4Motion all-wheel drive system.
- After the emission norms update, the Tiguan boasts a 7% improvement in fuel efficiency, now claiming 13.54 kilometres per litre.
- Design-wise, the SUV remains unchanged. However, it receives an upgrade in the form of a new and more sophisticated dual-tone Storm Grey interior scheme. This enhancement adds a touch of elegance and premiumness to the cabin, elevating the overall aesthetics of the Tiguan.
- In terms of features, it gets wireless smartphone charging and Park Assist, a camera & sensors-based LEVEL-1 ADAS feature that automatically manoeuvres the steering wheel while parking, helping you get safely into and out of tight parking spaces.
- The SUV also receives rear seat belt reminders that boost alertness and assure that all occupants are properly strapped in for enhanced protection.
Apart from the above-mentioned charges, the Volkswagen Tiguan remains the same. It continues to get features like matrix LED headlamps, three-zone climate control, an 8-inch touchscreen system, paddle shifters, a panoramic sunroof, an electrically adjustable driver’s seat, heated front seats, six airbags, hill start & descent control, tyre pressure monitoring system, and a rear parking camera.
The Volkswagen Tiguan goes up against the Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Compass, and Citroen C5 Aircross.