Triumph Scrambler 900 Sandstorm And 1200 Steve McQueen Editions Launched In India
Triumph Motorcycles has launched two new special editions of the Scrambler motorcycle in India dubbed as Street Scrambler 900 Sandstorm Edition and the Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition. While the Sandstorm Edition is priced at Rs 9.65 lakh, the McQueen Edition will set you back by Rs 13.75 lakh (both prices ex-showroom).
Triumph Street Scrambler 900 Sandstorm Edition
- The Sandstorm Edition marks the timeless bloodline of the Triumph desert rides.
- Only 775 units of the limited Sandstorm edition will be built worldwide. Each model will get a certification of authenticity with the bike's VIN.
- The Sandstorm edition gets rugged Scrambler detailing. It will come with a unique matt Storm Grey paint scheme with Ironstone accents on the fuel tank in a new tri-tone style.
- It also gets some premium & genuine Triumph accessories as standard fitment. It mainly includes a custom headlight grille, rubber knee pads on the fuel tank, LED taillight, number plate light, high-level front mudguards, and heavy-duty aluminium sump guard.
- Besides, the bike remains unchanged mechanically unchanged. This means it will also be powered by the same 900cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin EURO5-compliant engine as its standard model. This motor generates 65PS of max power at 7250rpm and 80Nm of peak twist at 3250rpm. The engine continuous to come mated to a 5-speed gearbox in conjunction with a torque-assist clutch.
Triumph Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition
- As the name suggests, the Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition celebrates the famous movie star & motorcyclist.
- It will be limited to just 1000 units worldwide.
- Finished in a custom green paint scheme & a brown bench seat with stitched ribbing, the bike gets unique Steve McQueen branding on the tank & handlebar clamps.
- Similar to the Sandstrom Edition, the McQueen Edition will also be getting a certificate of authenticity that features the signatures of Triumph’s CEO (Nick Bloor) & Chad McQueen (son of Steve McQueen).
- In addition, it will also feature a pre-enabled My Triumph connectivity system, engine protection dresser bars, and a laser-cut & pressed aluminium radiator guard with laser engraved Triumph branding.
- Powering the Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition will be the same 1200cc, parallel-twin engine that puts out 89PS at 7,250rpm and 110Nm at 4,500rpm.