Toyota Innova Hycross Vs Kia Carnival: Price Comparison
The price list of the new Toyota Innova Hycross have been revealed, which starts from Rs 18.30 lakh (ex-showroom). The people mover comes in five variants and can be had with either a naturally aspirated petrol or a self-charging strong-hybrid petrol engine. While the Innova Hycross doesn’t have any direct rival in the Indian market, it can be considered as an affordable alternative to the Kia Carnival. Let’s see how these two MPVs compares in terms of prices: –
|Toyota Innova Hycross||Kia Carnival|
|G – Rs 18.30 – 18.35 lakh||Prestige – Rs 30.99 lakh|
|GX – Rs 19.15 – 19.20 lakh||Limousine – Rs 33.49 lakh|
|VX Hybrid – Rs 24.01 – 24.06 lakh||Limousine Plus – Rs 35.49 lakh|
|ZX Hybrid – Rs 28.33 lakh||–|
|ZX (O) Hybrid – Rs 28.97 lakh||–|
- The Toyota Innova Hycross ranges between Rs 18.30 lakh to Rs 28.97 lakh (ex-showroom), whereas the Kia Carnival costs from Rs 30.99 lakh to Rs 35.49 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Compared to the Innova Hycross, the Kia Carnival costs up to Rs 12.69 lakh more expensive. Even the Kia Carnival’s base-spec Prestige variant costs Rs 2 lakh more than the Innova Hycross’ range-topping ZX (O) variant.
- The Toyota Innova Hycross comes with 174PS 2-litre petrol and 186PS 2-litre petrol strong-hybrid engine options, mated to a CVT and e-CVT automatic transmission, respectively. The Kia Carnival, however, is a diesel-only vehicle, with a 2.2-litre engine that is more powerful and torquey than the Toyota offering. It is also 360mm longer and 135mm wider than the Innova Hycross. Click here for detailed specifications and mileage comparison.
- As for features, the Toyota Innova Hycross comes with a host of comfort & convenience features such as automatic LED headlamps, alloy wheels, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment with wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, JBL premium sound system, 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat with memory + Slide Return & Away function, dual-zone climate control, ambient lighting, powered tailgate, powered ottoman captain seats in 2nd row, panoramic sunroof, six airbags, electronic parking brake, 360-degree camera, and Toyota Safety Sense suite that gets radar-based Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), featuring lane departure warning, lane-keep assist, adaptive cruise control, auto high-beam assist, automatic emergency braking, and forward-collision warning.
- It is true that the ADAS features give the Innova Hycross an edge over the Kia Carnival, but the latter is equipped with a dual-pane sunroof, tri-zone auto climate control, and powered sliding doors over the Toyota MPV.