Tesla Is Serious About Establishing Production in India; Jio In Talks
- In an interview with Reuters, India’s deputy minister for technology confirms Tesla’s commitment to establishing a manufacturing facility (gigafactory) in India.
- According to Rajeev Chandrasekhar, the talks between senior executives of Tesla and PMO’s representatives indicate that Tesla is thoroughly considering India as a potential production and innovation hub.
- According to reports, Tesla has recently submitted a fresh proposal to the Indian government for establishing a new manufacturing facility in the country.
- Previously, the plans were delayed due to a tax disagreement with the government and restrictions on importing vehicles manufactured in China.
- This time, the Indian government has officially commented on the matter, providing its stance on the situation.
- The proposed manufacturing facility is expected to produce both electric vehicles (EVs) and EV batteries.
- Details such as the factory’s location, annual production capacity, and specific models to be manufactured have not been disclosed yet.
- It remains uncertain whether Tesla plans to utilize this facility for exports as well.
In other news, Reliance Jio is reportedly engaged in preliminary discussions with Tesla Inc to establish a dedicated private network for the electric vehicle (EV) company. However, these talks are contingent on Tesla finalizing its plans for establishing a manufacturing facility in India.