The Tata Altroz CNG has finally been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 7.55 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Let’s take a look at the complete price list for the Altroz CNG: –
|Altroz iCNG Variants
|XZ+ O (S)
- Tata offers the Altroz iCNG in six variants; out of which three variants offer a sunroof.
- The launch of CNG-powered Tata Altroz also marks the introduction of a new variant called XM+ (S). Positioned between the XM+ and XT variants, it is available with three powertrain options: 1.2-litre petrol, 1.5-litre diesel and 1.2-litre petrol-CNG.
- Powering the Tata Altroz CNG is the same 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine as the standard model, mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- In petrol mode, this engine generates 88 horsepower and 115 Newton meters of torque, while in CNG mode, it delivers a slightly lower output of 77 horsepower and 103 Newton meters of torque.
- The Altroz iCNG stands apart from other cars as it can be started directly in CNG mode, providing a seamless and convenient experience without the need to switch between fuel modes.
No Compromise on boot space
- Tata has equipped the Altroz with India’s first twin-cylinder CNG technology.
- Each cylinder has a water capacity of 30 litres and is cleverly positioned beneath the luggage area, allowing for ample boot space, unlike conventional CNG cars where the tanks occupy most of the available storage area.
Also Read: Tata Punch Set To Get Electric Version
First sunroof-equipped CNG hatchback
- In keeping with customer demand, Altroz sets a new milestone as the first CNG-powered hatchback to feature an electric sunroof. It can also be controlled using voice commands.
- The other notable feature of the hatch includes: –
- automatic headlamps
- 7.0-inch touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity,
- Wireless charger
- Air purifier
- Auto AC
- Rear AC vents
- Corner stability control
- Dual-front airbags
- Rearview camera
The Altroz CNG comes with a standard warranty of 3 years/ 1 lakh km.
The Altroz arises as the true pioneer among mid-size hatchbacks, offering an array of engine choices encompassing N.A. Petrol, Turbo-Petrol, CNG, and Diesel. Its versatile lineup outshines competitors like the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai i20, and Toyota Glanza.