Tata Taken The Wraps Off The Facelifted Nexon
Tata Motors has finally taken the wraps off yet another facelift update for its highly popular Nexon SUV. Both the ICE and electric versions of the Nexon will receive this mid-life facelift update. It will be launched on September 14, while bookings will commence on September 4, 2023.
2023 Tata Nexon Facelift – What’s New?
The Tata Nexon facelift has undergone significant design and feature changes, accompanied by the introduction of new powertrain options. Here are the details: –
- New front facia, featuring split headlamp setup, with the main lights placed vertically in a trapezoidal housing flanking a new grille.
- It also gets a new thick upper grille section, a reworked bumper with sharp creases and sequential LED DRLs.
- The overall silhouette remains unchanged. The only change on the sides is the new alloy wheel design.
- Towards the back, it receives newly designed connected LED taillamps and refreshed styling for the tailgate and bumper.
- The electrified Nexon will also receive similar changes, save for some EV-specific elements and Blue-colour highlights.
Also Read: Hyundai i20 Facelift Teased, Launch Soon
- Inside, the SUV receives a revised dashboard layout, with revised air-con vents, a new 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 10.25-inch digital driver’s display, and a new touch-based climate control panel.
- It also receives a new 2-spoke steering wheel with a display in the centre, similar to the one seen on the Tata Curvv-concept.
- The upgraded SUV also gains different colour schemes for the upholstery, depending on the variant and exterior colour.
- The other notable additions include a 360-degree camera, a 9-speaker JBL sound system with Harman-enhanced AudioworX, wireless support for Apple Carplay and Android Auto, ambient lighting, and up to six airbags.
- Features like auto AC, wireless charger, air purifier, ventilated front seats, cruise control, ESC, ISOFIX anchors, etc., have been retained from the outgoing model.
The ICE-powered Tata Nexon will continue to be propelled by either a 120PS 1.2-litre turbo-petrol or a 110PS 1.5-litre diesel engine. However, the petrol mill is now available with as many as four gearbox options. It includes a 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, 6-speed AMT and 7-speed dual-clutch automatic (DCT). The oil burner, however, will continue to be offered with 6-speed manual and AMT units.
|Tata Nexon Turbo-Petrol||Tata Nexon Diesel|
|Engine||1.2-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol||1.5-litre diesel|
|Transmission Options||5-speed MT / 6-speed MT / 6-speed AMT / 7-speed DCT||6-speed MT / 6-speed AMT|
- Speaking of the Nexon EV, it is expected to retain the ongoing 30.2kWh and 40.5kWh battery packs paired with the Ziptron powertrain.
- The ICE-powered Nexon will be offered in seven variants: Smart, Smart +, Pure, Creative, Creative +, Fearless and Fearless + S.
- Here, the “+” means optional packages that will comprise various additional features, while the “(S)” indicates variants equipped with a sunroof.