Hyundai i20 Facelift Teased, Launch Soon
Hyundai India has teased the upcoming i20 facelift, which is expected to be launched around the festive season. It will be the first major update for the i20 since the launch of the new-generation version in 2020.
Hyundai i20 Facelift – What Do The New Teaser Reveal?
- The latest teaser of the upcoming Hyundai i20 reveals the front profile of the upgraded hatch, featuring a revamped cascading grille, a new headlamp setup with similar inverted L-shaped LED DRLs, and a reworked bumper with sharply designed triangular side intakes.
- All these changes align with the global-spec Hyundai i20, which received the facelift update in May this year.
- Expect the 2023 Hyundai i20 to also get new alloy wheels, revamped LED taillamps, along with a new rear bumper and skid plate.
- Inside, the facelifted i20 is likely to receive new seat upholstery.
- Regarding features, we anticipate the updated hatch to get ventilated front seats, a dual-camera dashcam, multi-colour ambient lighting, ambient sound of nature, electrochromic IRVM, and a 360-degree camera.
- Hyundai will also make the six airbags as standard fitment.
- Features like 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment, connected car tech, digital instrument cluster, auto LED headlamps, wireless charger, air purifier, electric sunroof, cruise control, auto AC, rear AC vents, etc., will be carried forward from the ongoing model.
- Expect the i20 facelift to retain the ongoing 1.2-litre naturally aspirated and 1-litre turbocharged petrol engines. However, the ongoing 6-speed iMT (clutchless manual gearbox) offered with the turbo mill might be replaced by a conventional manual gearbox.
Expected Price and Competitors
The facelifted Hyundai i20 will undoubtedly command a significant price premium over its current model, which retails between Rs 7.46 lakh and Rs 11.88 lakh (ex-showroom). Once launched, it will continue to rival the likes of Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, and Tata Altroz.