Tata Punch Set To Get Electric Version
An electric version of Tata Punch has been caught on camera for the first time while being transported on a flatbed. It is expected to be launched around the festive season.
Tata Punch EV – What do the teaser images reveal?
- Upon close inspection, you will notice that the electric version of the Tata Punch gets rear disc brakes, which are also anticipated to be included in the ICE model soon. Apart from this feature, the electric model bears a striking resemblance to the ICE version.
- Inside, the EV gets electronic parking brakes and a rotary-drive selector similar to the Nexon EV.
Also Read: Save Up To Rs 35,000 On Tata Cars This May
Platform and Powertrain
- The ALFA platform, on which the Tata Punch is built, supports electrification, so it doesn’t require any significant alterations.
- As far as the powertrain is concerned, the Punch will also utilise Tata’s Ziptron powertrain, which comprises a permanent magnet synchronous motor, paired with a liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery.
- Expect the Punch EV to get a 26 kWh high energy density lithium-ion battery pack that will offer a range of roughly over 300 kilometres.
- Expect Tata to price the Punch EV from around Rs 10.5 lakh (ex-showroom), placing it against the Citroen eC3.