Tata Punch, Nexon, Harrier, and Safari Kaziranga Edition Launched
- These special edition trims command a premium of up to Rs 69,000, depending on the model.
- Exterior changes include a new golden shade, rhino badge, and paino black treatment.
- Inside, they get all-black dash with contrasting trim and beige upholstery.
- Nexon and Harrier also gain some new features.
- Remain mechanically umchanged.
Tata Motors has launched Kaziranga Editions of its entire SUV lineup, comprising Punch (micro-SUV), Nexon (sub-4m SUV), Harrier (mid-size SUV), and Safari (three-row mid-size SUV). These Tata Kaziranga Edition SUVs will be available only on their respective top-spec trims. Here’re the detailed prices: –
Tata Punch Kaziranga Edition Price
|Punch||Kaziranga Edition||Regular Trim||Difference|
|Creative||Rs 8.59 lakh||Rs 8.39 lakh||+Rs 20,000|
|Creative iRA||Rs 8.89 lakh||Rs 8.69 lakh||+Rs 20,000|
|Creative AMT||Rs 9.19 lakh||Rs 8.99 lakh||+Rs 20,000|
|Creative iRA AMT||Rs 9.49 lakh||Rs 9.29 lakh||+Rs 20,000|
Tata Nexon Kaziranga Edition Price
|Nexon||Kaziranga Edition||Regular Trim||Difference|
|XZ+ (petrol)||Rs 11.79 lakh||Rs 11.10 lakh||+Rs 69,000|
|XZA+ (petrol)||Rs 12.44 lakh||Rs 11.75 lakh||+Rs 69,000|
|XZ+ (diesel)||Rs 13.09 lakh||Rs 12.40 lakh||+Rs 69,000|
|XZA+ (diesel)||Rs 13.74 lakh||Rs 13.05 lakh||+Rs 69,000|
Tata Harrier Kaziranga Edition Price
|XZ+||Rs 20.41 lakh||Rs 19.74 lakh||+Rs 67,000|
|XZA+||Rs 21.71 lakh||Rs 21.04 lakh||+Rs 67,000|
Tata Safari Kaziranga Edition Price
|XZ+ (7-str)||Rs 21 lakh||Rs 20.79 lakh||+Rs 21,000|
|XZ+ (6-str)||Rs 21.10 lakh||Rs 20.89 lakh||+Rs 21,000|
|XZA+ (7-str)||Rs 22.30 lakh||Rs 22.09 lakh||+Rs 21,000|
|XZA+ (6-str)||Rs 22.40 lakh||Rs 22.19 lakh||+Rs 21,000|
What is Kaziranga Edition and how it is different from the regular model?
- These special edition models pay homage to Kaziranga’s Great Indian one-horned rhinoceros. They come finished in a new Grassland Beige exterior color with blacked-out treatment for the alloy wheels, roof, ORVMs, and skid plates. Interestingly, the model badging is also finished in black.
- There is also the new Satin Black Rhino Mascot on the front fenders of all the SUVs, to emphasize their rugged nature. The rhino motif can also be seen on the rear windscreen of the SUVs.
- Inside, the Kaziranga Edition gets an all-black dash and a dual-tone leatherette upholstery with contrasting Earthy Beige touches on the seats and door pads. In addition, the centre layer of the Punch’s dashboard will also be finished in beige, while the others will get a faux wooden panel.
- The front seat headrests of these four models also feature a silhouette of the one-horned rhinoceros (also in 2nd row in Safari).
- They also get a special door scuff plate with ‘Kaziranga’ lettering on it.
Added Features for select Kaziranga Edition
Besides the above-mentioned cosmetic enhancements, the Nexon Kaziranga Edition also gets ventilated front seats, an air purifier, and auto-dimming IRVM, while the Harrier gains ventilated front seats, air-purifier, and connected car tech with remote control functions and Over-the-Air (OTA) update support.
Tata Kaziranga Edition SUVs: Powertrain
No mechanical changes have been made to any of these Tata SUVs. That said, the Punch continues with the ongoing 86PS 1.2-litre petrol engine, the Harrier and Safari with 170PS 2.0-litre diesel mill, and the Nexon with its 120PS 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and 110PS 1.5-litre diesel motors. Transmission options also remain the same as their standard model.