Tata Altroz To Get A New Marina Blue Ivory
Tata Motors is going to host an "Altroz media event" on 13th January 2021. Though the homegrown carmaker hasn't revealed any details about the event, Tata is likely to launch the turbocharged petrol variants of the premium hatchback along with a new 7-speed DCT gearbox (1st for any Tata car) on this day. Besides this, Tata will also introduce a new Marina Blue color exterior paint scheme, exclusively for the Altroz turbo variants.
As we have already spotted the Altroz with this new exterior color, it is unlikely to receive any other exterior cosmetic changes. However, the spy images have suggested that it will feature a 'Turbo' badge on the lower side of the tailgate.
Tata Altroz Turbo – What else we know so far?
- Engine: – Under the hood, the Tata Altroz Turbo will house Nexon's 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol motor. As per a leaked document of the RTO, this motor will come in a detuned state in Altroz. It is likely to produce 110PS of maximum power and 140Nm of peak torque (10PS/30Nm less than the Nexon petrol). However, the output figures are in line with those of the Hyundai i20 Turbo & VW Polo TSI.
- Gearbox: – The Altroz Turbo will be offered with both a 5-speed manual and all-new 7-speed DCT automatic transmission options. This new DCT unit will be sourced from Punch, while the gear shifter & some of its parts will be supplied by Lumax and Schaeffler. Tata could also offer this unit on other Tata cars in near future.
- Variants: – The Altroz turbo is expected to be offered in four variants: XT, XT(O) (NEW), XZ, and XZ(O). The lower-spec XE, XM, and mid-spec XM+ trims might not get this new powertrain option.
- Interior & Features: – We don't expect any difference in its interior design and features list. It will carry forward the same features list as the current model. Highlights include a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a Harman sound system, a 7-inch coloured multi-info display, auto climate control, rear AC vent, cruise control, ambient lighting, and keyless entry with push-button start, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, rear camera, etc.
- Expected Pricing: – The Altroz turbo variants will demand a premium of around Rs 1-1.5 lakh over the 1.2-liter naturally aspirated petrol manual variants, which are priced from Rs 5.44 lakh to Rs 8.95 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).