Tata Motors will be launching the turbocharged petrol model of Altroz premium hatchback on 13th January 2021, which is named as 'iTurbo'. While there are still some days left to get our hands on the hot-hatch, a brochure has been leaked exposing various details about the upcoming Altroz iTurbo.
2021 Tata Altroz iTurbo:- Leaked details
1. Engine Specifications: – The Altroz iTurbo will get a 1.2-liter, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that will develop a maximum power output of 110PS at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 140Nm at 1500-5500rpm. Compared to the ongoing 1.2-liter naturally aspirated petrol engine, it is 28% more powerful and 24% torquier. It's 0 to 100kmph acceleration time is simply 13 seconds.
At the time of launch, the iTurbo is expected to be offered only with a 5-speed manual gearbox, while a new dual-clutch transmission (DCT) could be introduced later.
2. Revived Interior: – The leaked brochure gives us a clear view of the refreshed interior. In comparison to the existing model, all the variants of Tata Altroz (NA, turbo & diesel) are likely to get an all-new black & light grey dual-tone cabin, instead of an all-black theme.
3. New top-spec variant: –As of now, the Altroz is available in six variants: XE, XM, XM+, XT, XZ, and XZ (O). With the launch of Altroz iTurbo, Tata is likely to update the variant line-up and could introduce a new XZ+ trim.
4. Added Features: – This new top-ranging XZ+ variant will get added features over the current model such as leatherette upholstery, connected car technology, doodle personalized wallpaper setting for the infotainment system, Express Cool function for the AC, additional two tweeters, and, auto-up power windows. The Altroz iTurbo will also get two new drive-modes: Sport & City. On the other hand, the existing naturally aspirated petrol & diesel variants get Eco and City modes.
The other notable features include automatic headlamps, alloy wheels, rain-sensing wipers, idle start/stop, dual-path suspensions, Apple Caplay & Android Auto smartphone connectivity, tilt-adjustable steering, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment from Harman, semi-digital instrument cluster, wearable SmartKey, automatic AC, rear AC vents, keyless entry with engine start/stop button, manual day/night IRVM, ambient lighting, cruise control, front & rear armrest, height-adjustable driver's seat, rear parking sensors & camera, dual airbags, rear defogger, rear wiper & washer, ABS with EBD, corner stability control, etc.
5. Blue Exterior Color Scheme: – Tata Motors will introduce a new blue color exterior paint scheme from the XM+ onwards. The ongoing silver color is expected to be discontinued.