Spy Images Reveal New Design For The Punch EV; Interior Leaked
A few days ago, the Tata Punch EV was spotted testing, bearing closeness to its current ICE version. Recently, it has been caught on camera once again, but this time it dons a few design changes, both outside and inside the car, hinting at the facelift version of the Punch EV. Here are more details: –
New Design and Features
- Going by the latest spy images, the electrified Punch is likely to get a different design for the alloys from its ICE version.
- The EV will also get rear disc brakes.
- The test mule in new spy images also seems to have a slightly different bumper design.
- Similar to Tata’s EV concepts, it is also expected to get a connected LED strip below the bonnet, covering the width of the car.
- Keen eyes could also notice the camera module on the side mirrors, suggesting the EV will get a 360-degree camera setup.
- Inside, the Punch EV is anticipated to boast a completely revamped dashboard layout, along with a new 2-spoke steering wheel reminiscent of the Tata Curvv concept. This steering wheel features haptic controls and an illuminated brand logo.
- The EV is also expected to get a larger touchscreen infotainment system and electric sunroof.
- The Punch EV will use Tata’s Ziptron powertrain that contains a permanent magnet synchronous motor paired with a liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery. However, their specifications are yet to be revealed.
Expected Launch Timeline and Competitors
- Expect Tata to launch the Punch EV around the festive season. Upon arrival, it will go up against the Citroen eC3.