The Bengaluru-based startup, Simple Energy, has officially introduced the production-ready version of its electric scooter dubbed as ‘ONE’. It has been priced from Rs 1.45 lakh and going up to Rs 1.50 lakh (ex-showroom, Bengaluru), almost +Rs 35,000 more than its earlier announced price.
- Commencing from June 6th in Bengaluru, deliveries of the One will gradually expand to other cities in the near future.
- The company also aims to establish approximately ‘140 to 150’ showrooms across India within the next 8 to 10 months.
212km of claimed IDC Range
- Equipped with a 5kWh lithium-ion battery, the Simple One claims an impressive riding range of 212km (with 6 per cent State of Charge remaining).
- The battery pack of this new e-scooter is divided into two packs – a removable battery capacity of 1.5kWh and a fixed battery unit of 3.5kWh.
- For propulsion duties, it gets a permanent magnet motor, delivering a peak power of 8.5kW (nominal output 4.5kW) and a mighty torque of 72Nm. This allows the e-scooter to accelerate from 0 to 40 kmph in just 2.77 seconds.
- It has a top speed of 105 kmph.
- According to Simple’s claims, its battery can be charged from 0 to 80 per cent in roughly 5 hours and 54 minutes using the provided home charger.
- The scooter is equipped with fast charging capabilities, allowing for a claimed range of 1.5km with just one minute of charging. However, the fast-charging functionality is expected to be available starting in August 2023.
Simple One: Variants and Color Options
- The Simple One is available in a single variant, offering four standard colours – black, red, blue, and white.
- There are also two special edition paint schemes featuring white and black shades, accentuated by striking red alloy wheels and highlights.
Note: Compared to the standard colour options, the scooter carries a premium of Rs 5,000 for the special paint schemes.
- The Simple One is equipped with 12-inch wheels, suspended on a telescopic fork and monoshock setup, while the baking duties will be provided by disc brakes at both ends.
- Simple One has a weight of 134kg (kerb), making it 19kg heavier compared to its pre-production version showcased last year.
Simple One: Features
The Simple One comes loaded with a range of tech-savvy features. These include: –
- All-LED lighting system
- A 7-inch TFT instrument console
- OTA updates support
- Four riding modes: Sonic, Dash, Ride and Eco
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Vehicle tracking
- Ride statistics
- Documents storage
The Simple’s One goes up against the Ola S1 Pro, Ather 450X, Vida V1 Pro, TVS iQube and Bajaj Chetak.