- Bhavish Aggarwal, CEO of Ola Electric, has provided a glimpse of an upcoming addition to the S1 lineup that will be launched in July this year.
- In the teaser image, one can catch a glimpse of the S1 Pro, S1 Air, and a mystery variant that seems to feature a compact windscreen.
- While it’s not official, the upcoming variant in the Ola S1 lineup can also get cushioned backrest, a centre stand and some new colour options.
- Further information regarding the new e-scooter is anticipated to be unveiled in July.
Also Read: Ola S1 Air Now Only Available With 3kWh Battery Pack
Helmet Detection System In Development
- In other news, Ola Electric is said to be working on a helmet detection system.
- This system utilises a camera to identify whether the rider is wearing a helmet or not.
- The camera sends this information to the Vehicle Control Unit (VCU), which then communicates it to the Motor Control Unit.
- Based on this information, the Motor Control Unit decides whether to switch the vehicle to Ride mode or not.
- When the system detects that the rider is not wearing a helmet while the vehicle is in Ride mode, it will automatically switch the EV to Park mode.