The third-generation Volkswagen Tiguan has finally taken the wraps off. Based on the MQB Evo platform, the new Tiguan receives a modern design approach and hybrid powertrain options.
New Design, Bigger Dimensions
The new-generation Volkswagen Tiguan showcases a striking, eye-catching design, making it a truly modern SUV. The car’s exterior has evolved to include a new glass finish sleek grille flanked by dual-pod matrix LED headlamps, with each cluster having roughly 19,200 multi-pixel LEDs. There’s also a slim LED DRL covering the width of the bonnet, which provides it with a clean and contemporary look.
On the sides, the SUV gets strong character lines and new alloys which can be specced up to 20 inches.
At the back, the new Tiguan gets a tined connected LED taillights with three-piece elements and a ‘Tiguan’ moniker on the tailgate. The R-Line trim also features an ‘eHybrid’ emblem.
Dimension-wise, the 2024 Volkswagen Tiguan measures 4539mm long, 1639mm tall, and 1842mm wide. That makes it 30mm longer and 4mm taller than its predecessor. At 2680mm, its wheelbase also remains the same. However, its boot space has been increased by 37 litres and now stands at 652 litres.
Plus Interior, New Features
The new VW Tiguan features a cleaner dashboard with fewer controls, more upmarket material and new feel-good elements. A few key highlights include –
- Dual-tone finish for the cabin (R-Line trim gets an all-black theme)
- Digital graphics on the dashboard (passenger’s side)
- New rotary dial in the centre console with an OLED display
- A 10.3-inch digital instrument display
- A 12.9-inch infotainment system as standard (can be upgraded to a 15-inch unit) with new MIB4 software
- 4-way adjustment for lumbar support
- A heads-up display
- Heating and massaging functions for the front seats
- Vehicle Dynamics Manager
- Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) suite, comprising autonomous emergency braking, lane-keep assist, lane-change assist, and park assist with remote parking capability.
The 2024 Volkswagen Tiguan will be offered with turbo-petrol (TSI), diesel (TDI), mild-hybrid turbo-petrol (eTSI), and plug-in hybrid (e-Hybrid) options. In its plug-in hybrid guise, the SUV is asserted to deliver a pure electric range of up to 100 km. More details will be revealed in the near future.
Expected India Launch
Volkswagen is likely to launch the new Tiguan in some international markets by 2024. So, we can expect it to arrive here not before 2025.