Mercedes AMG GT 63 S E Performance Launched At Rs 3.3 Crore
The Mercedes AMG GT 63 S E Performance has finally arrived on our shores. Priced at Rs 3.3 crore (ex-showroom), it is AMG’s most powerful production car on sale.
Here’s all you need to know about this Sportster –
- The Mercedes AMG GT 63 S E Performance is a plug-in hybrid performance coupe.
- Powering the Mercedes AMG 63 S E Performance is a 4-litre, twin-turbo V8 petrol mill churning out 639HP and 900Nm, paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission, propelling all four wheels via a rear-biased 4MATIC+ AWD system.
- It also features a plug-in hybrid system that adds to its performance.
- The e-motor generates 190hp and 320Nm of torque. With this, the combined power output stands at 843HP and 1470Nm, allowing it to complete the century sprint in just 2.9 seconds before attaining an electronically limited top speed of 316 kmph.
- The key highlight of this hybrid unit is the Formula-1-derived fluid cooling system that cools all 560 lithium-ion cells individually.
- Since the 6.1kWh battery pack and motor of its hybrid system are placed in the rear, it gets a 50:50 weight distribution.
- It is worth noting that this hybrid system is mainly used to enhance the overall performance of the car, not the fuel efficiency.
- As for charging, the battery can be refuelled via a 3.7 kW AC charging setup.
- Speaking of the features, this lightning beast comes kitted with –
- AMG-specific ’Panamericana’ grille
- Dual screen setup
- Optional one-piece performance seat
- 20-inch light alloy wheels shod with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres
- Special AMG upholstery
- AMG RIDE CONTROL+ suspension with adaptive damping and Active roll stabilisation
- 7 AMG driving modes: Electric, Comfort, Battery Hold, Sport, Sport+, Slippery, and Individual
- 4 Levels of regen
- 3 suspension modes – Basic, Advanced, Pro
- Active engine mounts that adjust stiffness as per driving condition
- AMG emblems embossed on front head restraints
- ‘First-Class’ rear compartment
- An AMG Performance Steering Wheel
- Mercedes-Benz DRIVE PILOT system