Jeep Meridian X and Upland Special Editions Launched
American automaker Jeep has introduced two new special edition models of its 7-seater Meridian SUV – ”X” and ”Upland”, priced between Rs 33.41 lakh and Rs 38.46 lakh (ex-showroom). The booking process is open, and deliveries will be made immediately.
The Jeep Meridian X and Upland special editions come with plenty of cosmetic changes and a few new features that enhance the SUV’s styling and personality.
Jeep Meridian X Edition
- The Meridian X Edition focuses on the urban lifestyle.
- It comes wrapped in a new Silvery Grey hue and gets side moulding, puddle lamps, sidesteps, a dark grey roof, and alloy wheels with grey pockets.
- To elevate your cabin experience, Jeep has added ambient lighting and offers a WIFI-enabled 11.6-inch rear entertainment screen at half of the original price.
Jeep Meridian Upland Edition
- The Meridian Upland Edition is more focused on off-road enthusiasts and comes in a new Galaxy Blue exterior scheme.
- It packs sidesteps, a functional roof carrier, a splash guard, and a unique hood decal with a mountain peak graphic on it.
- Similar to the exterior, the practicality enhancement can be seen inside the cabin as well. Having said that, it gets sunshades, cargo mats and a boot organiser, along with an 11.6-inch screen for the rear passengers at half the cost.
- Aside from the above mentioned changes, both the special editions are similar to the regular Jeep Meridian.
- They continue with their existing comfort & convenience-enahncing bits, like a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, an Alpine sound system, digital driver’s display, dual-zone climate control, powered front seats with ventilation, wireless smartphone charging, a panoramic sunroof, powered tailgate, cruise control, auto headlamps, rain-sensing wipers, push button start and much more.
- For safety, it gets six airbags, ABS, electronic stability control (ESC), an electronic parking brak, tyre pressure monitoring system, hill start assist, front & rear parking sensros, ISOFIX child mounts, and a 360-degree camera.
- Powering the Jeep Meridian X and Upland is a 2-litre, 4-cylinder, diesel engine as the regular model that makes out 170PS of maximum grunt and 350Nm of twisiting force.
- Transmission duties are taken of by either a 6-speed manual or a 9-speed automatic unit. It can be had in the 4×2 or 4×4 drivetrain, depending upon the variant and gearbox choice.
The Jeep Meridian locks horn with the MG Gloster, Toyota Fortuner, Isuzu mu-X and the petrol-only Skoda Kodiaq.
When it comes to standing out from the crowd, these special editions seem like a great deal.