Maruti Suzuki has received over 15,500 bookings for the upcoming Fronx, which is essentially a crossover version of the Baleno hatchback, albeit with distinctive styling. The carmaker is expected to announce its prices in the first week of April 2023.
Here’s all you need to know about this upcoming crossover: –
- The Maruti Suzuki Fronx made its global debut at the Indian Auto Expo in January 2023.
- Interested customers can make bookings for the Maruti Fronx for a sum of Rs 11,000.
- It will be positioned above the Baleno in the brand’s Nexa lineup.
- Underpinned on the same Heatect platform as the Baleno, the Maruti Suzuki Fronx is 3995mm long, 1765mm wide, and 1550mm tall.
- It has a wheelbase of 2520mm and a boost space of 308 litres.
- Design-wise, it looks like a great fusion of the Grand Vitara and Baleno, giving it an SUV-like rugged appeal.
- Inside, it looks similar to the Baleno but flaunts Grand Vitara’s dual-tone burgundy-black theme.
- Features onboard the Fronx include an LED lighting system, 9-inch floating touchscreen infotainment with wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, connected car tech, wireless smartphone charging, an electric sunroof, auto-dimming IRVM, a heads-up display, cruise control, a 360-degree camera, up to six airbags, ESP, ISOFIX child seat anchors, etc. Click here for variant-wise feature details.
- Maruti Suzuki offers the Fronx with two petrol engine options: 1.2-litre naturally aspirated and 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol, both offered with manual and automatic transmission options. Here’s a look at its engine specifications: –
|Engine||1.2-litre Naturally Aspirated Petrol with idle start/stop function||1-litre Turbo-Petrol with 48V Mild-Hybrid System|
|Gearbox||5-speed manual / 5-speed AMT||5-speed manual / 6-speed automatic|
|Variants Availability||Sigma, Delta, Delta+||Delta+, Zeta, and Alpha|
- We anticipate Maruti Suzuki to launch the Fronx between Rs 8 – 13.5 lakh (ex-showroom), positioning it against the likes of Nissan Magnite, Renualt Kiger, Tata Nexon and Honda WR-V.