Latest Update: The highly anticipated Maruti Suzuki Jimny has finally made its way to the Indian market. Tap here to see its complete price list.
Maruti Suzuki revealed the 5-door iteration of the Jimny off-roader at the 2023 Auto Expo in India, and now the carmaker is set to launch the rugged off-roader on June 7, 2023. Its bookings are already underway and over 30,000 bookings have been made so far, which could lead to a waiting period of up to 8 months.
Here’s a brief overview of what Jimny has to offer:
- Maruti Suzuki has provided the Indian-spec Jimny with a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine with Idle Start-Stop technology, offering an output of 105PS and 134Nm and a claimed fuel efficiency of up to 16.94 kmpl.
- It can be had with either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed torque converter automatic transmission, paired with Suzuki’s AllGrip Pro 4-wheel drive system, with a low-range transfer case to enhance performance on difficult terrains and steep slopes.
- Design-wise, the Indian version of the Jimny closely resembles its global 3-door variant, but with the addition of an extra set of doors, which enhances the off-roader’s practicality. Here’s a look at its dimensions and other off-road attributes: –
|Ramp breakover angle||24°|
- Maruti will offer the Jimny in two variants: Alpha and Zeta.
- Equipment on board comprises the auto climate control, cruise control, 9-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system, wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, connected car tech, 6 airbags, ESC, hill hold & descent assist, traction control and much more. Click here for variant-wise feature details.
- The Jimny will be available in 7 colour options, including 5 monotone shades and 2 dual-tone options. Click here to see in images.