Maruti Suzuki Baleno CNG, XL6 CNG Launched – Price, Specs, Mileage
Maruti Suzuki has finally launched the CNG-powered Baleno and XL6 in India, becoming the first two models from the Nexa lineup to be offered with factory-fitted CNG kit.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno CNG
- Starting with the Maruti Suzuki Baleno CNG, it has become the first premium hatchback to receive the factory-fitted CNG kit option.
- It is available in two variants: Delta and Zeta. Here’s a look at their prices: –
|Maruti Suzuki Baleno||Petrol Variants||CNG Variants|
|Delta||Rs 7.33 lakh||Rs 8.28 lakh (Rs 95,000 more expensive)|
|Zeta||Rs 8.26 lakh||Rs 9.21 lakh (Rs 95,000 more expensive)|
- Powering the Maruti Baleno CNG is the same 1.2-litre DualJet petrol engine as its standard version, albeit mated to a 55-litre (water equivalent) CNG tank. It produces 77.5PS/98.5Nm in CNG mode, a drop of 12.5PS/14.5Nm from its petrol guise.
- Offered only with a 5-speed manual transmission, the Baleno CNG is claimed to return a fuel efficiency of 30.61km/kg.
- In terms of features, both variants of the Maruti Baleno CNG continue with the same equipment list as their standard counterparts. The notable highlights include LED projector headlamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry with a start/stop button, a 7.0-inch iSmartPlay Pro+ infotainment system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, a voice assistant, connected car tech with OTA software updates support, 6 airbags and a rear-view camera.
Also Read: Five Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Cars In India
Maruti Suzuki XL6 CNG
- Maruti Suzuki has offered the base-spec Zeta variant of the XL6 people mover with the CNG powertrain option.
- Priced at Rs 12.24 lakh (ex-showroom), it also costs Rs 95,000 more than its corresponding petrol-only trim.
- Similar to the Ertiga, the Maruti XL6 also gets the same 1.5-litre K15C DualJet petrol engine that makes 88PS in CNG mode.
- Its fuel tank capacity is rated at 60 litres and it is claimed to return a fuel efficiency of 26.32km/kg.
- Maruti offers the CNG variant of the XL6 only with a 5-speed manual transmission option.
- The Maruti Suzuki Brezza is also expected to receive a CNG powertrain soon.