Maruti Invicto Unlikely To Get ADAS; Real-life Images Leaked
- Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the new Invicto MPV on July 5. Its bookings are already underway, and it has started reaching dealerships.
- Going by the leaked images, Maruti has made some minor cosmetic changes to make the Invicto look slightly different from its donor model, the Toyota Innova Hycross.
- The MPV features a new trapezoidal grille with a chrome bar running across the width. There’s also the redesigned front bumper with LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, and a slightly tweaked tailgate.
Unlikely to get these advanced features
- While it’s not official, reports suggest that the Maruti Suzuki Invicto might miss out on several advanced features when compared to its Toyota counterpart. These include JBL sound system, memory function for the driver’s seat, a powered tailgate and most importantly, the Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS).
Hybrid Powertrain Only
- Reports also suggest that the Invicto will be offered in a sole Alpha+ trim, which will be powered by the 2-litre petrol-strong hybrid engine that makes a combined output of 186PS and 206Nm.
- This power mill comes mated to an e-CVT automatic transmission and offers a fuel efficiency of over 23kmpl.
- The non-hybrid engine option is unlikely to be offered at the time of launch.
- In such a scenario, Maruti Suzuki will have the advantage of pricing the Invicto extremely competitively compared to the fully-equipped ZX (O) variant of the Toyota Innova Hycross, which currently costs Rs 29.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Maruti will sell the Invicto MPV through its Nexa dealerships across the country.