Maruti Grand Vitara Hybrid Gets A New Safety Feature, Prices Increased
- Maruti Suzuki has introduced new active safety features for its flagship SUV, the Grand Vitara.
- The strong-hybrid variants of the SUV now get Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS), making it the first SUV to get this feature.
- AVAS produce a gentle warning sound to alert pedestrians and nearby drivers within a radius of up to 5 feet.
- The introduction of this new feature is in line with the Automotive Industry Standard (AIS) 173, a necessity for Quiet Road Transport Vehicles (QRTV) that have a very low audible presence.
- Vehicles with one or more electric motors, including pure electric vehicles, fuel-cell vehicles, hybrid electric vehicles, and fuel-cell hybrid vehicles, etc, fall into the QRTV category.
Prices up by Rs 4,000
- With this new safety feature addition, the prices of Maruti Grand Vitara’s strong-hybrid variants have increased by Rs 4,000.
- Having said that, the prices of hybrid variants now start from Rs 18.29 lakh and go up to Rs 19.79 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Prices of the non-hybrid variants of the Grand Vitara remain unchanged.
- Expect Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder to also receive the same feature in the coming days.
Other Safety Features
Apart from the new AVAS alert system, the Grand Vitara Hybrid also gets plenty of active and passive safety features like six airbags, a 360-degree camera, a heads-up display, electronic stability control, rear parking sensors, traction control, hill hold & descent assist, seatbelt reminders, and ISOFIX child seat anchorages.
Maruti offers the Grand Vitara with two engine options: 1.5-litre mild-hybrid and strong-hybrid petrol. Here’s a look at its specifications: –
|Engine||1.5-litre K15C petrol||1.5-litre TNGA petrol|
|Max Power Output||Petrol: 103PS|
|Max Torque Output||Petrol: 137Nm|
|Engine: 122Nm, Motor: 144Nm|
|Transmission||Petrol: 5-speed MT / 6-speed AT|
CNG: 5-speed MT
|Drivetrain||Petrol: FWD / AWD (with MT only)|
|Claimed Mileage||Petrol: 21.11 kmpl (MT), 20.58 kmpl (AT), 19.38 kmpl (AWD)|
CNG: 26.6 km/kg