Maruti Fronx vs Tata Punch – Specs, Dimensions and Features
Previewed at the 2023 Auto Expo, the Maruti Suzuki Fronx is the carmaker’s latest sub-4-metre utility vehicle that is expected to go on sale next month. Pre-launch bookings for the Fronx are already underways, and as per the brand, it is getting around 250-300 takers every day, which is a huge number. When launched, it could pose a serious threat to Tata’s highly sought-after micro-SUV, the Punch.
Here’s take a closer look at how these two SUV-styled models compare on paper.
|Maruti Suzuki Fronx||Tata Punch|
|Engine||1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol / 1-litre Boosterjet turbocharged petrol||1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol|
|No of Cylinders||4 / 3||3|
|Max Power||90PS / 100PS||86PS|
|Peak Torque||113Nm / 149Nm||113Nm|
|Gearbox||5-speed Manual and AMT / 5-speed Manual and 6-speed Auto||5-speed Manual / AMT|
|Mileage||Yet-to-be-revealed||18.97 kmpl (Manual), 18.82kmpl (AMT)|
- Both the Tata Punch and Maruti Fronx offer a 1.2-litre petrol motor, with the same gearbox choices. But the Fronx has a more sophisticated 4-cylinder unit that also delivers better power output.
- There is also the option of a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine with the Fronx, mated to either a 5-speed manual or a more refined 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- Both the SUVs are front-wheel driven.
Also Read: Citroen eC3 vs Tata Tiago EV – Price Comparison
|Maruti Fronx||Tata Punch|
|Length||3,995 mm||3,827 mm|
|Width||1,765 mm||1,742 mm|
|Height||1,550 mm||1,615 mm|
|Wheelbase||2,520 mm||2,445 mm|
|Ground Clearance||–||187 mm|
|Boot Space||308 litres||366 litres (as per ISO V215) / 319 litres (as per ISO 210)|
- The Maruti Suzuki Fronx is longer, wider and has a more elongated wheelbase, which should result in more generous cabin space when compared to the Tata SUV.
- The Punch has bigger boot space for your travel requirements.
Also Read: Citroen eC3 vs Tata Tiago EV – Specs and Features Comparison
|Common||Additional Features in Fronx||Additional Features in Punch|
|– Split headlamp setup|
– Automatic headlamps
– LED DRLs
– Alloy wheels
– Wheel arch cladding
– Push-button start/stop
– Floating touchscreen unit
– Apple Carplay & Android Auto
– Auto AC
– Powered ORVMs
– Height-adjustable driver’s seat
– Cruise control
– ABS with EBD
– Rear defogger
– Rearview camera
|– LED headlamps |
– Connected LED taillamps
– Front skid plate
– A bigger touchscreen infotainment (9-inch)
– Wireless smartphone connectivity for Apple Carplay and Android Auto
– Wireless charger
– Paddle shifters
– 360 degree surround view system
– Heads-up display (HUD)
– Rear AC vents
– ARKAMYS tuned premium sound system
– Electrochromic IRVM
– Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
– Up to Six airbags (4 airbags standard)
– Front fog lamps
– Harman premium sound system
– Semi-digital instrument cluster
– Rear seat armrest
– Cooled glovebox
Both the Fronx and Punch are well-equipped and offer most of what you need. But the Fronx delivers a more superior experience because of its additional comfort & convenience features.
Also Read: Toyota Innova Crysta Diesel vs Innova Hycross Petrol – Price Comparison
|Maruti Fronx||Tata Punch|
|Rs 8 – 13.5 lakh (Expected)||Rs 6 – 9.54 lakh|
Maruti Suzuki has left no stone unturned to make the Fronx a solid offering. A premium experience is what the Indo-Japanese carmaker wants to offer with the Fronx.