Maruti Brezza CNG Launched; Price Starts From Rs 9.14 Lakh
After its unveiling at the 2023 Auto Expo, Maruti Suzuki has now finally launched the CNG counterpart of the Brezza, making it the first sub-4m SUV to be offered with a CNG powertrain.
|Variants||Price||Premium From Petrol-Only Counterparts|
|LXI CNG||Rs 9.14 lakh||Rs 95,000|
|VXI CNG||Rs 10.50 lakh||Rs 95,000|
|ZXI CNG||Rs 11.90 lakh||Rs 95,000|
|ZXI CNG (Dual-Tone)||Rs 12.06 lakh||Rs 95,000|
- As mentioned above, CNG is offered with Brezza’s three variants: LXI, VXI and ZXI.
- They command a premium of Rs 95,000 over their regular petrol counterparts.
- As a result of its launch, all Maruti Suzuki Arena models are now available with factory-fitted CNG kits.
Also Read: Maruti Suzuki Fronx To Launch Next Month
Engine and Fuel Efficiency
- The Brezza CNG gets the same 1.5-litre petrol-CNG engine as the Grand Vitara, paired with a 5-speed manual transmission that transmits power to the front wheels only.
- It produces 88PS and 121.5Nm, which is 15PS/15.5Nm less than its petrol-only version.
- The Maruti Brezza is claimed to return a fuel efficiency of 25.51 km/kg when fed with natural gas, compared to the petrol-only model’s 20.15kmpl.
Also Read: Maruti Suzuki Brezza Waiting Period Detailed
Grasping the CNG kit in the higher trims of the Brezza won’t mean compromising on comfort. Having said that, the Brezza CNG packs features, such as: –
- LED projector headlamps
- Cruise control
- Electric sunroof
- 7-inch infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Coloured MID
- Keyless push button start
- Height-adjustable driver seat
- Powered side mirrors
- Automatic AC
- Rear armrest
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Hill hold assist
- Rear parking camera
- Rear wiper & washer
- ISOFIX child-seat anchorage
Compared to the petrol-powered ZXI+ variant, it misses out on features like a heads-up display (HUD), wireless smartphone charger, a 360-degree surround view system, and side & curtain airbags.
In the compact SUV segment, the Maruti Brezza rivals the likes of Tata Nexon, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300, Nissan Magnite, Renualt Kiger and Honda WR-V. However, none of them is offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit. The Tata Nexon and Kia Sonet might get a CNG option sometime in the future.