Maruti Baleno Becomes Safer With This New Feature-
- Maruti Suzuki has given its Baleno premium hatchback a safety upgrade, with the introduction of a segment’s first 3-point seat belt for the rear middle passenger. This innovative feature sets a new standard for the segment, ensuring the safety of all occupants.
- In addition to this, the Baleno now boasts an adjustable headrest for the centre seat, catering to the needs of those who are vertically blessed. These enhancements take the Baleno to new heights, making it a top choice for those who prioritize safety and comfort.
- Expect the Toyota Glanza, which is essentially a rebadged version of the Baleno, will also receive similar upgrades soon.
- Aside from the above-mentioned changes, the premium hatch remains unchanged.
- For those who aren’t aware, Maruti Baleno’s safety kit also comprises features like up to 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, hill start assist, electronic stability control, rear parking sensors, 360-degree camera, a heads-up display, ISOFIX child seat anchorages, and high-speed alert system.
- Speaking of the powertrains, the Baleno comes with a 1.2-litre DualJet DualVVT petrol engine (90PS/113Nm) mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT. It also comes with a factory-fitted CNG kit that produces 77.49PS/98.5Nm and only comes with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- At present, Maruti retails the Baleno in four variants – Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha, priced between Rs 6.61 lakh and Rs 9.88 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). It competes with the Hyundai i20, Tata Altroz, and Toyota Glanza.