Interior images of the upcoming Mahindra XUV.e9 electric SUV have been leaked online for the first time. It is expected to be launched in the second quarter of 2025.
- The Mahindra XUV.e9 is essentially an electric SUV coupe that will share its design bits with the XUV.e8 SUV.
- Inside, the XUV.e9 will feature three integrated display setup, nearly spanning the entire dashboard width. These will include a digital driver’s cluster, a centre infotainment unit and a display for co-passenger’s use.
- The EV will also feature a new 2-spoke steering wheel, conventional air-con vents with some physical controls for the HVAC system, a joystick-styled gear shift lever, electronic parking brakes, and a rotary drive selector.
- Being an electric SUV-coupe version of the Mahindra XUV700, we also expect the XUV.e9 to feature dual-zone climate control, wireless charger, connected car technology, panoramic sunroof, premium sound system, electrically adjustable seats with memory functions, 360-degree surround view system, and Level-2 Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS).
- It is also likely to get a multi-level regenerative braking system, Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) technologies.
Underpinning the Mahindra XUV.e9 could be the purpose-built INGLO architecture, with Volkswagen’s electric motors, battery system components, and battery cells. This platform is compatible with both single and dual-motor setup with battery pack support ranging between 60 to 80kWh.
Expect the XUV.e9 to price from around Rs 40 lakh (ex-showroom), making it a potential rival to the likes of the upcoming Tata Harrier EV and Safari EV.