Mahindra Thar Crosses 1 Lakh Units Production Milestone
Mahindra has rolled out the 1,00,000th unit of the Thar from its manufacturing facility in Nashik, Maharashtra. The second-gen Thar has taken nearly two and a half years to achieve this production milestone.
Mahindra Thar: A Quick Overview
- The Mahindra Thar is currently in its second generation, which was launched in October 2020.
- In the first three weeks after its launch, the SUV accumulated over 15,000 bookings, and within a year, it had accumulated 75,000 bookings.
- Mahindra offers the Thar with one petrol and two diesel engine options. Here’s a look at their specifications: –
|Engine||1.5-litre Diesel||2.2-litre Diesel||2-litre Turbo-petrol|
|Torque||300Nm||300Nm||300Nm (MT) / 320Nm (AT)|
|Transmission||6-speed MT||6-speed MT / 6-speed AT||6-speed MT / 6-speed AT|
|Drivetrain||RWD||4WD||RWD / 4WD|
- The Thar is a 4-star rated lifestyle SUV (as per GNCAP’s earlier testing procedures) that comes equipped with dual front airbags, EBD, hill hold & descend assist, electronic stability control, three-point seatbelts for all passengers and tyre pressure monitoring system.
- For creature’s comfort, it gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, AC, power windows, cruise control, remote keyless entry, a washable cabin floor and a detachable roof panel.
- Since it’s a 3-door model, accessing the rear seats in Thar is a bit problematic. However, the carmaker is working on the 5-door Thar that is expected to be launched later this year.
- The Thar is currently priced between Rs 9.99 lakh to Rs 16.49 lakh (ex-showroom).
- It competes against the likes of the Force Gurkha and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny.