Mahindra Is All Set To Launch BS6 Marazzo MPV, Bookings Are Now Open
Mahindra soon going to launch the BS6 iteration of its family car, the Marazzo MPV. The bookings are now started at a token amount of Rs 25,000.
BS6 Mahindra Marazzo: What will be new?
- As obvious, the upgraded Marazzo will be offered with a BS6 compliant engine and that will be the same 1.5-liter turbo-diesel which will now highlight a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system with a urea tank to decrease the NOx discharge.
- Mahindra has rejigged the variant line-up of the Marazzo MPV. It gets two new variants: M4+ and M6+. The older M4, M6, and M8 variants have been discontinued now.
- The M6+ will be the new top variant. Hence, the BS6 Marazzo will only be available in three variants: M2, M4+, and M6+ respectively.
- All variants will continue to be available with 7 and 8 seating configuration.
- The features list has also been rearranged, about which we have talked below in a separate section
Like the new variant line-up, Mahindra has also rearranged the features list. However, the base M2 variant will continue to get the same set of features that were available with its BS4 version. It mainly includes manual AC, power steering, rear roof-mounted AC vents, central locking, USB charging ports for the rear passenger, fabric seat upholstery, turn indicators on ORVM, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, etc.
Over the features of the M2 variant, the new M4+ trim will additionally get a keyless entry system, alloys wheels of 16-inches, height-adjustable driver seat, a rear wiper, and washer with defogger, a 4.2-inch infotainment screen with USB, AUX and Bluetooth connectivity, and steering-mounted controls.
As far as the features of M6+ variant is concerned, it will sport a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with in-built navigation, projector headlamps with cornering function, front and rear fog lamps, 17-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, reverse camera with the guideline, lumbar support for the front seats, etc, over the M4+ variant.
Engine & Gearbox Option
The BS6 compliant version of Marazzo will be powered by the same 1.5-liter turbo diesel engine. It will produce a max power output of 121PS in normal mode and 100PS in Eco mode. The torque output will be identical to 300Nm. Like the BS4 model, the Marazzo will continue to be offered with a 6-speed manual transmission.
An automatic gearbox and a petrol engine will be offered in future
A new petrol engine is also in its fate. It is likely to the 1.5-liter turbocharged unit from the mStallion series, which was showcased at Auto Expo 2020. It is expected to be launch around the festive season with the introduction of an automatic transmission, that will available with both the diesel and the petrol motor.
The starting price of the upgrade Marazzo is likely to be around Rs 11 lakh (pricier by Rs 1 lakh). While the price of the new top M6+ variant is expected to be around 13.5 lakh. If it does so, the new top variant will be Rs 1.18 lakh more affordable than the older top trim-M8.
The Mahindra Marazzo has always been known as an alternative to the Toyota Innova Crysta due to its lesser price range. Available in both 7 and 8 seating configurations, it offers amazing cabin space and comfort. There are speculations that the price of BS6 Marazzo will be lower than before. If this happens, it will appear as a stronger contender to Maruti Ertiga and XL6. However, in lieu of this low price, features cut can surely take place.