Kia Sonet To See A Variant Rejig And New Features
The hotly contested sub-4-meter SUV segment has grown in size in the past several years and more players are gearing up to mark their presence in the segment. Currently, the subcompact SUV space consists of as many as ten contenders including the Hyundai-Kia cousins, Maruti Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Nissan Magnite, Ford EcoSport, Honda WR-V, and more. So, given the popularity and size, carmakers need to keep attracting customers by offering something new every interval. In this process, Kia is all set to update the Sonet in the coming days. In fact, the updated Sonet has already started reaching dealerships. If reports are to be believed, it is going to receive another variant rejig along with a few feature additions as well.
Here're the changes that the 2021 Kia Sonet is likely to receive: –
– Updated variant line-up
The Korean maker is reportedly to introduce new automatic variants in the form of HTX 1.0 Petrol turbo-DCT and HTX 1.5 Diesel-AT. As of now, the HTX variant is only available with 1.0-litre turbo petrol-iMT and 1.5-litre diesel-manual. For the people not in know, the brand has recently discounted the Sonet HTK+ diesel automatic and turbo-DCT.
– New features addition
- It has been reported that the 2021 Kia Sonet will be safer than the existing model as the brand is likely to offer safety features like electronic stability program (ESP), hill hold assists, brake assist, and vehicle stability control (VSC) as standard from HTX onwards. Until now, these features were only limited to the HTK+ DCT and GTX+ variants.
- The brand will also make sunroof-equipped trim more accessible for customers by providing this feature in the HTK+ Petrol-iMT variant. Besides, its turbocharged petrol and diesel models will also receive features like a smart key with a remote engine start function and push engine start/stop button. Earlier, these features were available from the HTX variant onwards. The HTK+ 1.2-litre naturally aspirated (NA) petrol model will also get the convenience of keyless entry.
- The HTX variant is expected to get crystal cut alloy wheels (instead of steel wheels), and sun blinds. Its upcoming turbo-DCT and diesel automatic models will also get multiple traction & drive modes.
- Kia will also introduce paddle shifters (for the 1st time in Sonet) in HTX automatic and GTX+ automatic variants.
– Debut of a New Logo
The Sonet is unlikely to get any cosmetic changes except for the debut of a new brand logo, which was unveiled in January 2021.
– No Mechanical changes are expected
2021 Kia Sonet will not receive any mechanical changes. It will continue to be available with three engine options: 120PS 1.0-litre turbo petrol, 83PS 1.2-litre naturally aspirated (NA) petrol and 100PS/115PS 1.5-litre diesel. While the 1.2 NA petrol engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox, the turbocharged petrol unit gets a 6-speed iMT and 7-speed DCT options. The diesel engine, on the other hand, can be had with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
– Prices are likely to be increased
Currently, Kia Sonet SUV retails from Rs 6.79 lakh to Rs 13.19 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Courtesy of these tweaks, the brand is likely to hike the prices by a significant margin.
Stay tuned with Gaadify.com for more updates! Also, subscribe to our YouTube channel.