Kia Carens To Come In Five Variants And Three Engine Options
Latest Update: Kia Carens has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 8.99 lakh. Click here for details.
- Kia will offer Carnes in five variants: Premium, Prestige, Prestige Plus, Luxury and Luxury Plus.
- Will get two seating options: 6-and 7-seater, depending on the variant.
- It will be 1800mm wide, 1708mm tall, and 4540mm long with a segment’s largest wheelbase of 2780mm.
- Engine options will include 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units, along with 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol.
- Offical bookings will start from January 14.
Kia India is set to launch the Carens three-row utility vehicle in the coming months. Its official pre-launch bookings are scheduled to start from January 14. And ahead of its commencement, the Korean carmaker has revealed its variant lineup, engine options, and all the other necessary details that you would like to know about: –
Kia Carens: Dimensions
Since the Carens is based on the same platform as the Hyundai Alcazar, here we’ve compared its dimensions with its sibling rival: –
|Kia Carens||Hyundai Alcazar|
As the above table indicates, the Kia Carens is slightly larger than the Alcazar on every aspect.
Kia Carens: Variants and Seating Options
The Kia Carens will be available in five broad trims: Premium, Prestige, Prestige Plus, Luxury, and Luxury Plus. While the initial four variants will be offered only as a 7-seater, the range-topping Luxury Plus will come in both 6- and 7-seat options. Now, here’s a look at variant-wise key features of the Kia Carens: –
1. Kia Carens Premium
- 16-inch steel wheels with covers
- Dual-tone black and beige interiors with indigo accents
- Semi-leatherette seats
- Second-row seat one-touch electric tumble
- 7.5-inch digital instrument cluster
- Six airbags
- All-wheel disc brakes
- Rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring system.
2. Kia Carens Prestige (Over Premium)
- An 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 12.5-inch LCD instrument cluster
- 6-speaker sound system
- Rear view camera
- Turn signals on ORVMs
- Front parking sensors
3. Kia Carens Prestige Plus (Over Prestige)
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic climate control
- Keyless entry and go
- Multiple drive modes – Normal, Eco, and Sport
- Rear washer and wiper
- Rear defogger
4. Kia Carens Luxury (Over Prestige Plus)
- LED headlights
- A 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Kia Connect UI with OTA updates support,
- 64-colour ambient cabin lighting
- Air purifier
- Telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Full leatherette seats
- Seatback tables for the second row
5. Kia Carens Luxury Plus (Over Luxury)
- 8-speaker BOSE sound system
- Cooled wireless smartphone charger
- Ventilated seats
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Single-pane electric sunroof
Kia Carens: Colour
The Carens will get seven colour options: Imperial Blue, Moss Brown, Intense Red, Aurora Black Pearl, Sparkling Silver, Gravity Grey, and Glacier White Pearl. Surprisingly, it doesn’t get any dual-paint option.
Kia Carens: Engine and Gearbox
The Carens will share its powertrains with the Seltos SUV. That said, it will get three engine options: 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol, and a 1.5-litre diesel unit. Here’s a look at the detailed specifications:
|1.5-litre NA Petrol||1.4-litre Turbo-petrol||1.5-litre Diesel|
|Gearbox Choices||6-speed manual (MT)||6-speed MT / 7-speed DCT automatic||6-speed MT / 6-speed torque converter automatic|
Kia Carens: Expected Price
Going by the above details, we believe that Kia could price the Carens between Rs 12 to 19 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), putting it against the Hyundai Alcazar, Mahindra XUV700, MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari, Maruti XL6, and select variants of Toyota Innova Crysta.