Hyundai Exter Series Production Begun Ahead Of Launch In July 10
Hyundai Motors India has begun series production of its upcoming Exter SUV at its manufacturing facility in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu. It is slated to be launched on July 10, 2023. Bookings for the Exter are already underway for Rs 11,000.
Here’s everything that you need to know about this upcoming micro-SUV from the Korean manufacturer: –
- The Hyundai Exter boasts a striking bold appearance, featuring a boxy silhouette highlighted by robust wheel arches, body cladding, roof rails, and an upright stance.
- The other noteworthy exterior bits includes projector headlamps, H-shaped LED DRLs, and prominent faux skid plates, adding to its overall appeal.
Interior and Features
- The Exter’s interior design resembles the Grand i10 Nios, but it comes wrapped in an all-black scheme, adding a distinct touch.
- For features, the SUV will get an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment, digitised instrument cluster, wireless charger, auto AC, rear AC vents, cruise control, single-pane sunroof, dual dashcam, six airbags, ESC, traction control and many more.
- At launch, the Hyundai Exter will be offered with Grand i10 Nios’s 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine, mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT unit.
- An optional factory-fitted CNG kit will also be offered, mated to the 5-speed manual gearbox only.
Variants and Colour Options
- Hyundai will offer the Exter in seven broad trims – EX, EX (O), S, S (O), SX, SX (O), and SX (O) Connect.
- It will offer a choice of six single-tone and three dual-tone colours for selection.
Expected Price and Competitors
- We expect the prices of the Hyundai Exter to start from around Rs 6 lakh (ex-showroom), positioning it against the Tata Punch, Citroen C3 and some variants of the Maruti Suzuki Fronx, Nissan Magnite, and Renault Kiger.