Hyundai Exter Launched In India; Tata Punch Rival
Hyundai Exter micro-SUV has finally been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 5.99 lakh (ex-showroom). The brand has offered it in five broad trim levels: EX, S, SX, SX (O) and SX (O) Connect. Here’s a look at their prices: –
|EX||Rs 5.99 lakh|
|S||Rs 7.27 lakh||Rs 7.97 lakh||Rs 8.24 lakh|
|SX||Rs 8 lakh||Rs 8.68 lakh||Rs 8.97 lakh|
|SX (O)||Rs 8.64 lakh||Rs 9.32 lakh||–|
|SX (O) Connect||Rs 9.32 lakh||Rs 10 lakh|
Engine, Gearbox and Fuel Efficiency
Powering the Hyundai Exter is the Grand i10 Nios’ 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that can also be had with a factory-fitted CNG kit. Here’s a look at their specifications: –
|Hyundai Exter Engine||1.2-litre Petrol||1.2-litre Petrol-CNG|
|Max Power||83 PS||69 PS|
|Peak Torque||114 Nm||95 Nm|
|Gearbox||5-speed manual / AMT||5-speed manual|
|Claimed Mileage||19.4 kmpl (manual), 19.2 kmpl (AMT)||27.1 km/kg|
Design and Features
- The Exter flaunts a rugged and boxy exterior design with dominating bits, including an upright profile, H-shaped motif inside the DRLs and taillights, square housing for other LED headlamps, heavily cladded skid plates, 15-inch alloy wheels, flared fenders, and beefy wheel arches.
- Hyundai offers the Exter in six monotone and three dual-tone colours. Click here for details.
|Singletone Shades||Dual-tone Shades|
|– Atlas White|
– Cosmic Blue
– Ranger Khaki
– Fiery Red
– Starry Night
– Titan Grey
|– Atlas White with Abyss Black|
– Ranger Khaki with Abyss Black
– Cosmic Blue with Abyss Black
- Inside, the Exter gets the same dashboard design as the Nios, except for the new black cabin theme.
- When it comes to features, Hyundai has loaded this compact SUV with a single-pane electric sunroof, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, connected car tech, digitised instrument cluster, auto AC, rear AC vents, cruise control, push-button start, wireless charger, automatic headlamps, and more.
- For safety, it gets six airbags, dual dash cameras, ABS with EBD, tyre pressure monitoring system, electronic stability control, hill-hold assist, vehicle stability management, ISOFIX child seat mounts, and rear parking sensors with a camera.
- In the Indian market, the Hyundai Exter goes up against the Tata Punch, Maruti Ignis, and Citroen C3.