Honda SP160 Launched At Rs 1.17 Lakh
Honda 2-wheelers India has launched an all-new SP160 commuter motorcycle in India, with prices starting from Rs 1.17 lakh (ex-showroom). Offered in two variants, the SP160 has been positioned between the Unicorn 160 and XBlade in the bikemaker’s current product lineup.
|Honda SP160||Ex-Showroom Price|
|Single Disc||Rs 1,17,500|
|Dual Disc||Rs 1,21,900|
In comparison with the Honda Unicorn, the new SP160 Single Disc variant is dearer by Rs 8,500.
- At the heart of the SP160 is the same 162.7cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that also does duty in the Unicorn.
- This motor makes 13.46hp at 7500rpm, which is 0.55PS more powerful than the Unicorn 160. Even the torque is up from 14Nm in the Unicorn to 14.58Nm in the SP160.
Design and Features
- The new Honda SP160 flaunts a sportier-looking body panel with an aggressive tank shroud and sharper front cowl. Further enhancing its modern appearance is the LED headlamp and 17-inch alloy wheels.
- Regarding features, the bike gets a fully digital instrument cluster with practical info like average fuel efficiency, average speed, tachometer, side stand indicator, and battery voltage. However, the smartphone connectivity support is a big miss.
- Other notable features include hazard lamps, an engine kill switch, a side-stand engine cut-off and a single-channel Antilock Braking System (ABS).
|Ground Clearance||177 mm|
|Seat Length||594 mm|
|Seat Height||796 mm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||12 litres|
|Kerb Weight||139kg (single disc), 141kg (dual disc)|
- The underpinnings and the frame of the new SP160 are the same as the Unicorn.
- It utilises a cost-effective diamond-type frame, telescopic fork and rear hydraulic monoshock.
- For anchoring duties, Honda offers the bike with a 276mm disc upfront (36mm bigger than Unicorn’s), with either a 220mm disc or 130mm drum brake at the rear, with single-channel ABS.
Buyers have the choice to select the Honda SP160 from a range of six different colour options: –
- Matte Dark Blue Metallic
- Pearl Spartan Red
- Matte Axis Gray Metallic
- Pearl Ignite Black
- Matte Marvel Blue Metallic
- Pearl Deep Ground Gray
Bookings and Deliveries
Honda RedWing dealerships have started accepting orders for the SP160, and deliveries are likely to commence soon.
This new Honda motorcycle goes up against the TVS Apache RTR 160 2V and Yamaha FZ-S.