Honda Likely To Introduce A New 160cc Bike Next Week
Honda Motorcycle And Scooter India has sent us an invite for its new product launch that will take place early next month. While the invitation doesn’t specify the actual product, rumours point towards a new 160cc motorcycle that will go up against the Pulsar N160.
Here’s what to expect from the upcoming Honda bike: –
- Reports suggest that the upcoming Honda motorcycle will be based on the Honda Unicorn 160. However, it is expected to get more aggressively designed bodywork for sportier appeal.
- It is expected to be called SP160.
- The Honda SP160 is anticipated to be powered by Unicorn’s 162.7cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that makes 12.9hp at 7,500rpm and 14Nm at 5,500rpm and comes mated to a 5-speed transmission. However, a slight bump in overall engine output could be made to suit the bike’s sporty character.
- The underpinnings of the motorcycle are expected to remain unchanged, comprising a telescopic fork and monoshock setup.
- Expect the upcoming Honda bike to be equipped with an LED lighting system, ABS, digital instrument cluster, engine stop switch, and probably an H-Smart keyfob.
- It is likely to be offered in two variants: single and double disc, with prices expected to start from around Rs 1.20 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Once launched, the Honda SP160 will go up against the Bajaj Pulsar N160, Yamaha FZ-S Fi V4, Hero Xtreme 160R, Suzuki Gixxer and the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V.