Honda Amaze To Get Costlier; Jazz and WR-V To Be Discontinued Soon
Honda Cars India is all set to increase the prices of its Amaze sub-4m sedan by up to Rs 12,000. The new prices will come into effect from April 2022, and the quantum of the price hike may vary depending on the variant.
Currently, Honda retails the Amaze from Rs 6.89 lakh to Rs 9.48 lakh (ex-showroom), and rivals the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and Hyundai Aura.
Reason for the price hike
According to the Honda, there are several factors responsible for the latest price hike, including general inflation, increases in input and logistics costs, and the upcoming stringent BS6 phase II emission regulations (RDE norms).
BS6 Phase-2 Engine
- Honda Amaze’s 1.2-litre petrol mill will be upgraded to meet BS6 Phase 2 (Real Driving Emission) standards.
- The engine delivers a maximum power output of 90PS and 110Nm of peak torque.
- It comes mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.
- Earlier, the Amaze was also offered with a diesel engine. However, it was discontinued earlier this year.
- Expect Honda to launch CNG-powered Amaze in the near future.
Honda Jazz, WR-V and 4th-gen City to be axed soon
- Aside from updating the Amaze to the new emission standards, Honda is also likely to discontinue the Jazz, WR-V and 4th-gen City sedan before April 2023.
- There is very little demand for these aforementioned models.
- Having said that, Honda will only have two models in its Indian portfolio from April 2022 – Amaze and 5th gen City.
- The Honda City was recently received a host of visual changes, BS6 Phase 2 engine and a few new features. So its prices are expected to remain unchanged.
- Honda is also expected to launch a new Creta-rivaling SUV later this year.