Discover The Refreshed Interior Of The Upcoming Tata Safari Facelift Here
Tata Motor’s flagship SUV, the Safari, is preparing to undergo the much-awaited first mid-life facelift update. We’ve spotted it testing before, but now the clear images of its new interior have been leaked, making waves across the vast expanse of the web.
Here are the details: –
- The facelifted Safari features a new multi-layer dashboard layout, with the centre part adorned in a contrasting shade.
- The centre console panel has been thoroughly revised, featuring a new touch-based unit for HAVC control.
- Central air-con vents have also been redesigned. Additionally, it also gets a new gear lever selector, while the rotary drive mode selector seems to have a display like the Nexon EV Max.
- There’s also an entirely fresh 4-spoke steering wheel which was first seen on the Sierra and AVINYA EV concepts.
- The floating touchscreen infotainment and digital instrument cluster seem to be carried from the existing model.
- Expect its ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) suite to receive lane-keep assist and adaptive cruise control as part of the facelift update.
- We believe Tata Harrier Facelift will also receive similar changes inside the cabin.
- Going by the previously spotted test mules, the upgraded Safari is likely to get a new grille, along with vertically stacked headlamps and connected LED DRLs spanning the width of the car.
- It is also anticipated to get bigger 19-inch alloy wheels, redesigned bumpers at both ends and new connected LED taillamps with dynamic turn indicators.
- While it’s not official, we anticipate the Tata Safari facelift to receive a new 170PS/280Nm 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine that debuted at the 2023 Auto Expo. It is expected to be offered with both manual and dual-clutch automatic transmission options.
- The ongoing 170PS 2-litre turbo-diesel engine will continue to be on offer.
Expected Launch Timeline, Price and Rivals
- The facelifted Safari will undoubtedly bear a significant price premium over the ongoing model, which retails between Rs 15.85 – 25.21 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Expect it to hit the roads sometime in 2024. Once launched, it will continue to compete with the Mahindra XUV700, MG Hector Plus, and Hyundai Alcazar.