Citroen’s Upcoming SUV To Be Called C3 Aircross; Launch On April 27
Citroen dropped a bombshell last month with the news of their upcoming fourth product for the Indian market. And now, the French auto giant has taken things a notch higher by announcing the official name of the eagerly awaited vehicle, which will be called the “C3 Aircross”.
Citroen C3 Aircross – What Do We Know So Far?
- The upcoming C3 Aircross is essentially a mid-size SUV that has been completely designed and engineered in India.
- It is expected to come with two and three-row seating configurations.
- The Citroen C3 Aircross, built on the same underpinnings as the C3, will boast a rugged design that blends signature elements from its hatchback cousin with fresh bits like a more upright stance and new rear quarters.
- Inside, the SUV is likely to be kitted with features like a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, digitized instrument cluster, cruise control, height adjustable driver’s seat, automatic climate control, rear AC vents, rear defogger, rear wiper & washer, up to six airbags, reverse parking camera, and electronic stability control.
- Beneath the hood, the C3 Aircross is expected to house a 110PS 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine with a 6-speed manual transmission. An automatic transmission option could also be on the cards.
- While it’s not official, the carmaker could introduce its electric iteration sometime in the future.
- We anticipate Citroen to price this new SUV from around Rs 9 lakh (ex-showroom).