Citroen C5 Aircross To Launch On April 7
French automaker Citroen has finally announced the launch date of its first offering for India, the C5 Aircross. It will go on sale on 7th April 2021. Pre-launch bookings are already underway for the premium SUV at La Maison Citroen dealerships for a token amount of Rs 50,000. Here know about the upcoming Citroen C5 Aircross through 7 key points: –
– Engine & Mileage: – Powering the mid-sized SUV will be a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder diesel engine, paired to an 8-speed automatic gearbox. The motor produces 177PS/400Nm and is capable of delivering an ARAI claimed fuel economy of 18.6kmpl. There will be no manual gearbox or petrol engine on offer.
– Variants & Key features: – The Citroen C5 Aircross will be offered in two variants: Feel and Shine. Key features onboard include an automatic LED projector headlamps, 18-inch alloy wheels, a panoramic sunroof, an 8.0-inch touchscreen, 12.3-inch digital dials, dual-zone climate control with rear AC vents, auto wipers, powered driver seat, manually adjustable front passenger seat, cruise control with limiter & memory settings, park assist (automatic parking guidance for bay parking & parallel parking), five driving modes, an idle start/stop function, 6 airbags, ESC, traction control, blind-spot monitoring system, coffee break alert, grip control, and many more. You can find out the variant-wise features over here.
– USP: – The Citroen C5 Aircross emphasizes comfort. Considering the virtue, it will offer advanced comfort seats (combine high-density foam), progressive hydraulic cushion suspension (designed to curb the suspension’s responses to big compressions), hands-free electric tailgate, and three independent full-size rear seats that come with reclining, sliding (up to 150mm), and folding functions. It also has an extensive 580-liter boot space, which can be extended further by upto 1630-liters by folding the rear modular seats.
– Colours Options: – Citroen will offer the C5 Aircross SUV in a total of seven color options, including four monotones and three dual-tone finishes. The monotone color choices include Pearl White, Cumulus Grey, Tijuca Blue, and Perla Nera Black. The first three shades will also be available with contrast black color roof option. The SUV with Peal White color will also flaunt orange-colored exterior accents, whereas the other shades will feature silver highlights.
– Warranty: – Citroen is giving a standard 3-yrs/ 1 lakh km warranty along with roadside assistance. The brand is also offering a complimentary maintenance package of 5-yrs/50,000km to customers who will book the SUV till 6th April 2021.
– Expected Pricing: – The Citroen C5 Aircross SUV will come to our shore via the CKD route, with it being assembled at the CK Birla facility in Tiruvallur, Tamil Nadu. Expect it to be priced around Rs 28 lakh (ex-showroom).
– Rivals: – In the mid-size SUV segment, the Citroen C5 Aircross will lock horns with Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tucson, and the upcoming Volkswagen Tiguan.