French carmaker Citroen has recently unveiled the Indian-spec version of the C5 Aircross premium SUV. It will be the first Citroen offering for our market that is slated to launch in March 2021. But ahead of the launch, the brand has already revealed various details of the upcoming SUV. The C5 Aircross will be offered in two variants only – Feel and Shine, and in terms of features, there is not much of a difference between the two trims. Here’s what each of the variants will offer: –
Citroen C5 Aircross – Variant-Wise Key Features
1. Citroen C5 Aircross Feel
- Exterior: – Halogen headlamps, LED DRLs, LED taillamps, front fog lamps with cornering function, LED turn indicators in outside mirrors (ORVMs), chrome dual-exhaust pipes, 18-inch dual-tone diamond-cut alloys, matte black upper grille, fender & side body molding, integrated spoiler, rear fog lamps.
- Interior: – Metropolitan grey color cabin theme, alloy finish on accelerator & brake pedal, sill scuff plates with Citroën embossing, grained leather/cloth upholstery, satin chrome finishing on inside door handles, leather wrapping on the steering wheel.
- Comfort & Convenience: – 3 independent full-size rear seats with adjustable recline angle & folding function, tilt & telescopic adjustment function for the steering wheel, electrically adjustable driver's seat (Height, Fore / Aft And Backrest Angle), 6-way manually adjustable front passenger seat, lumbar support for front seats (manual adjustments), dual-zone climate control with rear AC vents, air quality system (AQS) with Pollen Filter + Activated Carbon Filter + Active Odour Filter, adjustable headrests for all seats, keyless entry with engine start/stop button, double-laminated front windows & acoustic windshield glass, heated outside mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, cruise control with limiter & memory settings, park assist (automatic parking guidance for bay parking & parallel parking), one-touch electric front & rear windows with pinch protection, power window up / down function using remote key, power-adjustable & foldable ORVMs, auto-dimming IRVM, tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS), rear wiper & washer, rear defogger, illuminated glove box, trunk light, etc.
- Infotainment/Entertainment & Instrumentation – 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Apple Carplay & Android Auto smartphone connectivity, mirror screen function, 6-speakers, steering mounted audio & telephony controls, 12.3-inch TFT instrument cluster with gear shift indicator, etc.
- Ride & Handling: – Multiple driving modes (Eco & Sport), Grip Control with 5 modes (Standard, Snow, All Terrain (Mud, Damp Grass, etc.), Sand & Traction Control Off).
- Safety: – 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, Electronic Stability Program (ESC), hill descent control, hill start assist, traction control, blind-spot information system (BLIS), coffee break alert, electric parking camera, front & rear parking sensors with rear-view camera, height-adjustable front seatbelts with pre-tensioners & force limiters, 3-point retractable rear seatbelts with pre-tensioners & force limiters, ISOFIX anchorages, perimeter alarm, etc.
2. Citroen C5 Aircross Shine
Over Feel Variant: –
- Exterior: – LED projector headlamps, panoramic sunroof.
- Comfort & Convenience: – Hands-free tailgate.
Now take a look at the engine specifications, dimensions, and color options: –
580L (all-seats up)
720L (rear seats in forwarding position)
1630L (rear seats folded)
Min Turning Radius
Engine Specifications: –
|2.0-liter DW10FC turbocharged diesel|
|Displacement in cc||1997cc|
|No of Cylinders||4|
Colors Options: –
Citroen will offer the C5 Aircross SUV in a total of seven color options, including four monotone and three dual-tone finishes: –
- Monotone Shades: – Pearl White, Cumulus Grey, Tijuca Blue, and Perla Nera Black.
- Dual-tone Shades: – Pearl White with black roof, Cumulus Grey with black roof, Tijuca Blue with black roof.
Citroen C5 Aircross – Expected Pricing & Competition
Citroen is likely to price the C5 Aircross SUV around Rs 28 lakh (ex-showroom) and it will be retailed via the company’s La Maison dealerships. In the mid-size SUV segment, the Citroen C5 Aircross will lock horns with Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tucson, and the upcoming Volkswagen Tiguan.