Yamaha India recently teased the upcoming 2020 BS6 FZ 25 on its social media channels. Though due to the spread of the pandemic and the lockdown imposed we expect it to be launched in late April or early May.
BS6 Yamaha FZ 25: Specification & Features
It enjoys the following features:-
- It is powered by the same 249cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine producing power of 20.5 bhp at 8000 rpm and torque of 20.1 Nm at 6000 rpm mated to a 5-speed gearbox
- It houses a full LED headlamp and DRLs which gives the bike an aggressive and sharp look.
- It gets telescopic fork at the front and a mono-shock at the rear.
- Brakes are the same as the previous model which is disc brakes at both front and rear and ABS as standard.
- It gets revised tank shrouds, LCD instrument cluster, an underbelly cowl, etc.
- It also gets hand guards and a taller windshield to help in touring.
It will be offered in two variants namely-Standard and S. The bike will be available in a wide variety of colors depending on the variant chosen by the consumer.
Though Yamaha has not announced the prices yet, we expect them to bump by Rs. 10,000-12,000. The BS4 version was priced at Rs. 1.34 lakh (ex-showroom). Bookings for the bike were started in February but we can expect the deliveries to commence after the lockdown ends.
FZ will rival against the likes of KTM Duke 250, Apache RTR 200, Suzuki Gixxer 250, Husqvarna Svartpilen 250.