BS6 TVS Jupiter Specs and price revealed
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer TVS has revealed specifications and other details of its flagship scooter TVS Jupiter in India. TVS is offering three variants which are namely- Standard, ZX, Classic with Standard priced at Rs.61,449, ZX at Rs.63,449 and the top model Classic at Rs.67,911.
BS6 TVS Juipter: Specifications & Features
It enjoys the following features:-
- It is powered by a 109cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine producing power of 5.5 kW (7.37 bhp) at 7000 rpm and torque of 8.4 Nm at 5500 rpm mated to a CVT automatic and is said to be 15% more efficient than the last version.
- It has telescopic hydraulic suspension at the front and adjustable type coil spring with the hydraulic damped suspension at the rear with a kerb weight of 109 kgÂ which is a bit heavier than its previous version. Both the tires in all the variants get drum brakes.
- The battery is now placed in the front apron instead of the bottom seat like the previous generation which has led to an increase in under-seat towage capacity from 17 litres to 21 litres.
- Its fuel tank capacity has been increased to 6 litres from 5 litres and a claimed mileage of around 62 kmpl.
- It also comes with a wide variety of colours and a full LED headlamp.
- TVS also claimed that Jupiter is now 15% more Fuel efficient. This is not as per ARAI data but TVS's own tests.
Reportedly TVS dealerships have started taking bookings for the scooter. It will rival against the likes of Honda Activa 6g, Honda Activa 125, Suzuki Access, Hero Maestro Edge, Yamaha Fascino. We hope it will launch or TVS would update on its launch once the lockdown ends.