The Kia Sonet facelift has recently made its debut ahead of its launch in January 2024. Being a facelift model, the sub-4m SUV has undergone noteworthy styling revisions and received plenty of new features. Here, we’ve compared the newer iteration of the Kia Sonet with its pre-facelift version.
2024 Kia Sonet Facelift – Decoding The Transformations
- Looking at the Kia Sonet’s front profile, the upgraded SUV looks more aggressive & bold. It features a redone grille with silver inserts, flanked by new set of 3-piece LED headlamps with longer fang-shaped LED DRLs. It also receives refreshed bumper with a more rantangular air dam and sleek LED fog lamps.
- Changes on the sides can be seen in the form of new design for 16-inch alloy wheels, and cameras mounted on the lower housings of side mirrors. These cameras are part of the 360-degree surround view system. Additionally, it is worth noting the Sonet will no longer feature chrome finishing on the door handles in the higher variants of the SUV.
- Towards the back, it sports new tailgate design with connected LED tail lamps, and revised bumper with restyled silver skid plates.
- Kia will offer the new Sonet in one matte finish, two dual-tone and eight monotone colour options, including a new Pewter Olive shade from the Seltos.
Inner Structure and New Add-ons
- Inside, the cabin layout of the new Kia Sonet remains largely unchanged, save for the slightly redesigned housing for the infotainment system and a new climate control panel.
- It also receives a refreshed upholstery, a new 10.25-inch fully digital instrument cluster, 4-way power adjustable driver’s seat, a 360-degree camera with blind-view monitor, standard 6-airbags, and camera-based Level-1 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). The latter packs active safety features like lane departure warning, forward collision warning and avoidance assist, forward collision warning, lane keep assist, high-beam assist, driver attention warning, and more.
- Other notable features of the new Kia Sonet comprise automatic LED headlamps, a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, connected car tech, BOSE sound system, electric sunroof, auto AC, rear AC vents, ventilated front seats, air purifier, cruise control, electronic stability control, auto-dimming IRVM, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX anchors, cornering lamps and more.
Return of Diesel-Manual
The engine options on the new Sonet remain unchanged. However, the 6-speed manual gearbox option have been reintroduced on the diesel.
|6-speed iMT / 7-speed DCT
|6-speed manual (NEW) / 6-speed iMT / 7-speed DCT
In the sub-4-meter SUV segment, the Kia Sonet faces competition from the likes of Hyundai Venue, Maruti Brezza, Tata Nexon, Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, and soon-to-be-facelifted Mahindra XUV300.