Bookings Open For Maruti Suzuki Brezza CNG; Launch Soon
Note: The Maruti Brezza CNG has finally been launched. Its prices start from Rs 9.14 lakh (ex-showroom). Click here for more details.
Maruti Suzuki has started accepting bookings for the CNG powered Brezza for a sum of Rs 25,000, suggesting its launch is just around the corner.
Here’s all you need to know about Maruti’s next CNG SUV: –
- The Maruti Suzuki Brezza CNG was first showcased at the 2023 Auto Expo.
- At the heart of the Brezza CNG will be the same 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder DualJet petrol engine as its standard model. However, it will produce 88PS and 121.5Nm when fed with natural gas, which is 15PS/15.5Nm less than the petrol-only version.
- It will come mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. A 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission could also be on the cards.
- The Brezza CNG will have a fuel economy of around 27 km per kg.
- It is likely to be offered in all four variants of the SUV: LXI, VXI, ZXI, and ZXI+.
- Design-wise, the greener-fueled Brezza will look similar to its regular version, save for the S-CNG badge on the tailgate.
Also Read: Maruti Fronx vs Tata Punch – Specs, Dimensions and Features
- When it comes to features, expect it to be offered with the same equipment level as its petrol-only versions. Key highlights include an LED lighting system, a floating touchscreen infotainment system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, auto AC, rear AC vents, keyless entry with push button start, and more.
- We expect Brezza CNG to command a premium of around Rs 95,000 over its standard version, that currently ranges between Rs 7.99 – 13.88 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Once launched, the Maruti Brezza will become the first car in the sub-4m SUV category to get CNG powertrain option.
- Tata Nexon and Kia Sonet are also expected to receive CNG powertrains in the near future.
Also Read: Grab Benefits Of Up To Rs 50,000 On Maruti Ignis and Ciaz This Month