BMX X1 sDrive18i M Sport Launched In India
Expanding the variant lineup of the X1 SUV, BMW has launched its new sDrive18i M Sport variant in India at Rs 48.90 lakh (ex-showroom), making it Rs 3 lakh costlier than the sDrive 18i xLine variant.
|BMW X1||Ex-Showroom Price|
|sDrive 18i xLine||Rs 45.90 lakh|
|sDrive 18i M Sport||Rs 48.90 lakh|
|sDrive 18d M Sport||Rs 50.90 lakh|
What Powers The BMW X1 18i M Sport?
- At the heart of the BMW X1 18i M Sport is the 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that makes a maximum power output of 136PS, along with a 230Nm of peak twist.
- It comes mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission that transmits power to the front wheels of the SUV, enabling it to complete the 0-100 kmph run in just 9.2 seconds
- When it comes to fuel efficiency, the SUV is claimed to return a combined fuel efficiency of 16.35 kmpl.
Design and Features
- Design-wise, the BMW X1 looks similar to the sDrive 18d M Sport variant, featuring the brand’s M Sport package that comprises various sporty design elements, including gloss black slats in the kidney grilles, M-specific front & rear bumpers, and M-specific 18-inch alloy wheels. It also features blacked-out window surrounds and roof rails.
- Inside, it gets M front entry sills and M pedals, M leather steering wheel with shift paddles, and M anthracite headliner.
- When it comes to creature comforts, the SUV gets a plethora of advanced features, like adaptive LED headlamps, automatic anti-dazzle function for the side mirrors, auto tailgate, dual-zone climate control, mood lighting, digital key support, twin connected display with wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, connected car tech, wireless smartphone charger, 12 speakers Harmon Kardon sound system, and much more.
- For passengers’ safety, the BMW X1 gets multiple airbags, cornering braking control, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), electric parking brake, tyre pressure monitoring system, park assist and Driver Assistance Systems like lane departure warning, manual speed assist, evasion assistant, and front collision warning with brake intervention including at turning and road junction.
Also Read: 2023 BMW X7 Facelift Launched In India
In the luxury SUV segment, the BMW X1 goes up against the Mercedes-Benz GLA, Audi Q3, Volvo XC40, and the Mini Countryman.