The Ather 450X is an exciting electric scooter, but for those seeking an extra dose of excitement, the Bengaluru-based EV manufacturer has launched the 450 Apex, which promises even more fun and stands as the fastest Ather e-scooter to date.
Ather has priced the 450 Apex at Rs 1.89 lakh (ex-showroom Bengaluru, including FAME II subsidy), placing it against the gen-2 Ola S1 Pro, TVS X and Simple One. While its bookings are already underway, its deliveries will commence in March this year.
Ather 450 Apex – What’s Special?
- Being a sportier version of the 450X, the new 450 Apex e-scooter features a more powerful (7kW) electric motor than the 450X’s 6.4kW unit, enabling it to complete the 0 to 40kmph run in just 2.9 seconds in the new ‘WRAP+’ mode. That makes it 0.4 seconds faster than the 450X.
- Its top speed has also been increased from 90 kmph on the 450X to 100 kmph.
- What’s more interesting is that the Ather 450 Apex claims a higher certified range of 157km (7km more than 450X) despite having the same 3.7kWh battery pack.
- It’s worth noting that the certified range may differ in actual riding conditions. Here’s a look at its TrueRange in every mode, compared to the Ather 450X: –
|TrueRange in each mode
|Ather 450 Apex
Design and New Features
- Visually, the Ather 450 Apex looks identical to the 450X, with the only significant distinction being the rear bodywork, which features transparent body panels showcasing the orange frame underneath, giving it a more sportier appeal. It also receives a new Indium Blue paint scheme with orange wheels.
- On the features front, the 450 Apex gains a new Wrap+ mode and a ‘Magic Twist,’ which is essentially a negative throttle for regen braking.
Enhanced Customer Satisfaction
Ather offers the 450 Apex with an extended 5-year/60,000km battery warranty against the 3-year/30,000km warranty on the 450X.