2023 Toyota Vellfire Launched – Price, Features and More
Toyota has recently launched the fourth-gen Vellfire in India at a starting price of Rs 1.20 crore (ex-showroom). Below is a complete overview of Toyota’s all-new luxurious people mover.
Variants and Price
Toyota has offered the new-gen Vellfire in two variants: Hi and VIP Executive Lounge, priced at Rs 1.20 lakh and Rs 1.30 lakh (ex-showroom), respectively, making it Rs 23 lakh more expensive than the previous gen model.
Refreshed Exterior Design
- Based on the GA-K version of Toyota’s TNGA platform, the new Toyota Vellfire has undergone some significant design changes.
- For starters, the MPV gets a huge dark chrome slat grille flanked by 3-piece LED headlamps with LED DRLs. It also gets a premium-looking chrome lip in the bumper, along with big air dams comprising LED fog lamps.
- While the silhouette of the MPV remains unchanged, it now gets a Z-shaped kink around the B-pillar.
- Towards the back, the MPV sports wing-shaped LED connected taillamps with VELLFIRE insignia at the centre.
- When it comes to dimensions, the new Toyota Vellfire measures 5.01 meters in length, with a wheelbase of 3 meters.
- Toyota offers the 2023 Vellfire in three colour options: Black, Precious Metal and Platinum White Pearl.
Interior and Features
Inside, the all-new Toyota Vellfire gains several minimalists and modern cabin gears, upping its premium quotient. Elements of the setup are –
- A digital instrument cluster
- A 14-inch touchscreen infotainment system (biggest in any Toyota car)
- Touch-based climate control
- New 3-spoke steering wheel
- Copper accents
- New gear selector
- Electronic parking brake with auto hold function
- Two 14-inch rear entertainment screens
- 2nd row with captain seats
- Universal steps
- Dual-pane sunroof with independently operable right and left-side shades
- Toyota’s first-ever pull-down side sunshades
Other notable features of this luxurious people mover include an 8-way power-adjustable driver seat with memory function, powered ottoman rear seats with massage functions, wireless smartphone charging, 60+ connected car tech, 14-colour ambient lighting and a 15-speaker JBL sound system.
For safety, it gets all-wheel disc brakes, ABS with EBD, stop hold function, a 360-degree camera, vehicle stability control, six airbags, lane keep assist, auto high beam, blind-spot monitoring, and an adaptive cruise control system.
When it comes to cabin scheme, buyers can choose between three themes: Sunset Brown, Beige and Black.
- The Indian-spec 2023 Toyota Vellfire comes with a 2.5-litre petrol engine mated to a strong hybrid system and eCVT automatic transmission.
- It makes 193PS of maximum power and 240Nm of peak torque.
- It is claimed to return a fuel efficiency of 19.28kmpl.
- Globally, it also comes with 2.5-litre NA petrol and 2.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine options/
Currently, the Toyota Vellfire has no direct rival in the country. But it will soon face competition from the upcoming Mercedes-Benz V-Class.