2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch
The facelifted Kia Seltos has been spied undisguised ahead of its India unveil on July 4, 2023. It will be the first significant update for this Korean mid-size SUV since its India debut in 2019.
- Going by the spy images, the facelifted Kia Seltos will receive tons of cosmetic changes for a fresh appeal.
- Upfront, the SUV will receive a new & more prominent Tiger Nose grille, along with a refreshed LED lighting setup with sleeker daytime running lamps integrated into the grille.
- The side profile of the SUV will remain unchanged, save for the newly designed alloy wheels.
- At the rear, the SUV will receive a wholly revamped tail gate design complemented by newly designed connected LED tail lamps. The rear bumper has also been changed for a more aggressive appearance.
- Overall, the new Kia Seltos facelift looks more aggressive and sportier than the outgoing model.
Interior and Features
- Inside, the facelifted Seltos is likely to get a new twin-screen setup for the infotainment and a new digital instrument cluster. The centre console panel and switchgear will also be new.
- The 2023 Seltos is also expected to get tons of new features, including the radar-based ADAS, which should include active safety features like blind spot monitoring, dynamic cruise control, lane keep assist, auto emergency braking and more
- Underneath the bonnet, the facelifted Kia Seltos should continue with the ongoing 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options. However, a new 160PS 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine might also be introduced as a replacement for the now-discontinued 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit.
Expected Price and Rivals
- Expect the 2023 Kia Seltos facelift to command a significant premium over the ongoing model, which currently ranges between Rs 10.89 – 19.65 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Once launched, it will revive its competition from the Hyundai Creta, Volkswagen Taigun, Skoda Kushaq, Maruti Grand Vitara and Toyota Hyryder.